Guys, Please could you have a look at the below and let me know if there is anything else that could cause these symptoms? I have read through endless amount of threads trying to resolve this and nothing I’ve tried seems to fix it.
Astra H 1.9cdti 150
· ECN - P2279 Intake Air System Leak Detected B-035
· Lack of power at low engine revs. Below 2200rpm. (Intermittent)
· Black smoke from Exhaust (Intermittent)
· Engine revs fluctuates when idle especially when engine is cold (intermittent)
Action Already Taken
· Cleaned EGR Valve with EGR Cleaner and tested by connecting it directly to a 12V battery. The pin moved upon applying the power.
· Cleaned Boost Sensor using EGR Cleaner
· Disconnected power to Boost Sensor and the car went Limp Mode, upon reconnecting power car went back to how it was before disconecting
· Disconnected power to MAF Sensor and the car went Limp Mode, upon reconnecting power car went back to how it was before disconnecting
· Checked the Swirl flaps and the rod is moving upon increasing engine revs and all seems okay.
I dismissed this issue being caused by an air leak as the fault code states, as I would of expeced the symptoms to be consistant and not change on a day to day basis. I also dismsissed the issue being caused by a faulty Boost or Maf Sensor due to the car going straight into limp mode when I disconnect the power to the sensors. please correct me if I am wrong in doing so.
Any Info/Ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in Advance