Thread: Astra g 1.7 cdti leaking injectors

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Astra g 1.7 cdti leaking injectors

My injectors have started leaking after trying to start the car after servicing and changing the fuel filter (and not re-filling it). Im almost certain theyre leeking from the top nut and the cars running fine otherwise.

I have ordered a set of injectors from an 06 astra h, tho the injector codes dont match, the engines are almost identical.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    is it definitely diesel coming out? looks like it the way it's clearing the oil off your cam cover. But best to check?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes im sure its diesel, i can smell it burning off the exhaust manifold.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if you're changing your injectors, you'll have to take off the air intake, disconnect the fuel rail, and the high pressure fuel lines, wiring, remove all the seals, on the top and the back. then get your cam cover off (you're supposed to undo them in a spiral according to VX and then spiral out from the middle when doing them up again, they don't have to be done up very tightly so be careful with them), be careful when taking it passed the fuel lines, you'll have to move them about a bit to get it off, then it's just one bolt per injector and then carefully pull them out.

Might as well check your valve clearances while you're in there, and maybe change your oil, you might have gotten a fair bit of diesel in there.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Also, i think the injectors are supposed to be done up to a torque of 40Nm and then loosened and finally done up to 32Nm.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks, i guess the torque's are for new stretch bolts?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    possibly, I'm not sure that they're stretch bolts though, it could be to seat the copper washer which seals the injector where it enters the cylinder. I'm not too sure, but i did it using the bolts I took off.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Im not confident doing valve clearances only ever done em on old ford engines and that was a long time ago!

Do you think ill have any problems with the new injectors because the codes dont match?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i'm not too sure, I only refitted the existing ones. I've seen some people saying that you do need to code and some saying you don't. sorry!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselweasel View Post
    if you're changing your injectors, you'll have to take off the air intake, disconnect the fuel rail, and the high pressure fuel lines, wiring, remove all the seals, on the top and the back. then get your cam cover off (you're supposed to undo them in a spiral according to VX and then spiral out from the middle when doing them up again, they don't have to be done up very tightly so be careful with them), be careful when taking it passed the fuel lines, you'll have to move them about a bit to get it off, then it's just one bolt per injector and then carefully pull them out.

Might as well check your valve clearances while you're in there, and maybe change your oil, you might have gotten a fair bit of diesel in there.
    Thank alot for the info mate its just what i needed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast