Thread: help my zafira wont start but is firing up

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy help my zafira wont start but is firing up

hi all heres my problem my zafira 1800 16v 2001 model engine code is z18xe wont start a few weeks ago it had a noise in the bottom end that sounded like the big end bearings were gone but the noise stopped only a few hours later gave the car a full service and hasnt come back since and that was about a month ago and was running perfect since then aweek ago the car started loosing power and wouldnt rev over three and a half thousand and within 45 minutes wouldnt drive and wouldnt rev over a thousand and half revs checked diagnosticks and said it was misfiring on two and three cylinders so proceeded to check plugs and coil pack and cylinder compression then timing belt then injectors and all are in working order sent reconditioned ecu back and had a new ecu again but car still wont start it wants to it just seems as if its out of petrol when theres half a tank in it phoned vauxhall today car does not have an egr valve on this model so isnt that can anybody help thanx

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Hi panda1, I had a similar rev problem with my 2003 1.8 zafira club a while ago after a lil bit of research online it turns out to be a MAF meter (Mass Air Flow) as when I disconnected it the engine ran much better. So a trip to a local motor factors and £75 later it was all working and no more rev nonsense. Hope this helps you and rectifies the problem. Cheers.
    Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    thanks mate
    ill try it.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    tried the MAF meter (Mass Air Flow) today and the car still wont start but thanks for the help

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    sounds like possible faulty fuel pump or fuel pump relay disconect fuel pipe at injector rail and try to start the car and see if there is any fuel getting there.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    check for fuel and spark. If it has those move on to timing
    Be Happy

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    I have seen a few 1.8's that have needed the chip re coded as of late
    Dead easy if you have the car pass

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    turn the key so all electrics power up (2nd click) can you hear the fuel pump priming itself? if not you may have a immobliser issue

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    fuel pumps all fine ive done all that and it still not running had vauxhall put it on theire diagnostics and it came up with cam-bus no comunication with abs/tc imobiliser no or wrong signal intake air temp circuit high input and camshaft sensor incorrect signal but my ecu is fine he told me to do a compression test so doing that this week and he said to check the earth wire on the temp switch so doing that today i read somewhere about somebody having the same problem and he re done the earth because he werent getting the proper voltage does anybody know about the earth lead and where by is it on the car cause im getting fuel and spark and timing is fine cars trying to fire up but just wont catch so im thinking with vauxhall saying about no or wrong connection im thinking i could have the same problem thanx