Thread: astra h 1.7cdti turbo problem since new oil change

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

astra h 1.7cdti turbo problem since new oil change

hi there, i did a oil change on my car 2 days ago,used my car today and all of a sudden my turbo started screaming and not working. but not when idleing. dont know much about diesels as this is my first 1. going take it my local garage on monday but i know they are going say i need a new turbo.is this the case or could it be something else,any help would be appreciated.thanks

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wrong oil or not enough maybe?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wondered if it was the wrong oil myself, put in 5/30 and was told by 3 sources that its 5/30 (the dealers, looked in manual and also asked where I purchased the new oil) but the old oil was quite thick that I removed, and the new oil is more watery and not very yellow in colour which is not what I'm used to as always had petrol cars, which when I've put in new oil is always more of a golden syrup colour and have more consistency. But used the 5/30 as was informed this was the right oil.
    Also the car is high mileage and had a new turbo 3000 miles ago.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    5w30 is the correct grade of oil for a astra h,i use vauxhalls own oil and my astra cdti has 123k miles on it

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    having a good look today and fount a split in the solid plastic pipe that connects on the turbo to the air box. the split is underneath the clamp on the turbo end so i sealed the split with duct tape just to see if it was that, that was causing it. but no joy as it still makes the noise and has made no difference.i have sealed it really good so i swear it wont be that.
    also i have took the end of the pipe off the air box and when i put my hand over it i nearly lost my hand as the suction was that good.ive also took both pipes off the turbo and when i put my hand sort of over the holes for the pipes it stops making the noise,any ideas anyone