Thread: Buying Help Please....... Dodgey...?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Buying Help Please....... Dodgey...?

Hi all, ive found a nice looking coupe. 2.2 Its a 51 plate with 40,000..........

It got a few mods, exhaust, alloys, tints....

The guy has said it has full service history with the most recent being 2,000miles ago.

Mot runs out end of march, Same with Tax.....

I Just dont want to be selling my perfectly good car just to buy a hunk of junk...

It all sounds good, and it looks nice in the pictures, mileage is low etc... BUT, hes only asking a little amout for it which kind of puts me off, well makes me think somthing might be wrong with it.

Anyway hers the add -- http://www.swapz.co.uk/swapz/1684723...2_0_non-turbo/

opinions please

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    does seem too good to be true to be honest. . . but if he says its got full service history and lots of receipts then i dont really see a problem. . . . take it for a test drive if he allows and open her up a bit. . . .listen out for the obvious rattles or knocking and take someone with a knowledge of engines with you so they can spot something you might not know about.
    MK4 1.8 SXi - Irmscher Body Kit - Holden Badges- Heko Wind Deflectors

Somebody complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windscreen, it said 'Parking Fine'.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds like a plan. I thought it seems to be too good to be true aswell lol.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

Smile temting deal

Quote Originally Posted by mr.smiler View Post
    Hi all, ive found a nice looking coupe. 2.2 Its a 51 plate with 40,000..........

It got a few mods, exhaust, alloys, tints....

The guy has said it has full service history with the most recent being 2,000miles ago.

Mot runs out end of march, Same with Tax.....

I Just dont want to be selling my perfectly good car just to buy a hunk of junk...

It all sounds good, and it looks nice in the pictures, mileage is low etc... BUT, hes only asking a little amout for it which kind of puts me off, well makes me think somthing might be wrong with it.

Anyway hers the add -- http://www.swapz.co.uk/swapz/1684723...2_0_non-turbo/

opinions please

As other posts seems a great car,but ask the guy if he will give it a new mot to put your mind at rest,if its as good as he says then should be no problem for him to do this.