Thread: Elmos mk4 1.8 16v heap!!

Status
    Moderator Friend
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Elmos mk4 1.8 16v heap!!

never got round to making one of these as the cars had so many changes in my 2 years of ownership so bare with me as i may repeat myself

all started off back in march 2009 when i picked my baby up for a mere £700 off a guy in swansea, the bodywork, interior and engine were immaculate and well looked after but unforunately the guy thought that a bin would make a great exhaust!!

after an hour and a halfs drive and 2 dead arms later (wheels needed balancing lol) it was back home and made 2 little modifications to it being centre console and rear lights which both were changed soon after lol, check out the greeness!!

MK5 1.7 CDTI OWNER AND AN ESTABLISHED MEMBER OF THE DARK SIDE!

Status
    Moderator Friend
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    next things i changed were a new grill, debadge, standard backbox, sprayed the centre console arden blue and a new rear light look

then i had a few engine things done, i cleaned the throttle body, changed the alternator belt, got it serviced and changed discs and pads all round.

once the next wage slip came along i got myself a new set of wheels from a vectra gsi (which were later resprayed in black) got some gsi style headlights and retinted the rear lights AGAIN

Status
    Moderator Friend
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    it stayed like that till the following month when i added a few more bits and bobs

i refurbed the wheels in gloss black, fitted 40mm jamex springs, gsi rear lights, remus race tube, magnex backbox, irmscher eyebrows and kamei replica grill and all in time for pvs

then fitted some 17" bk299s and sprayed the indicator and revers lens on the rears

fitted blue dash leds, sri centre console and coupe turbo interior

then fitted some 18" rs3 alloy wheels, jamex coilovers, angel eyes, painted the v on the grill black and fitted an airdam rear bumper

Status
    Moderator Friend
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    the coilovers were then removed and replaced with my old springs as i needed a bit of dollar, i bought a set of fk angel eyes, 17" gsi rims, coupe sideskirts and was lucky enough to aquire a gsi steering wheel and irmscher grill from a scrappy for £15!! (also took the spoiler off to get a rough idea what it will look like for an idea i have)

and thats it for now, ive got ANOTHER set of wheels on but not showing photos until after there refurbished

next up on my list of things to do include:

smooth boot
    coilovers (again)
    wheel refurb
    engine cover, wing mirror covers and centre console resprayed to match the wheels
    new front bumper
    roof vinyl

watch this space

Status
    Moderator Friend
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    this is my vision, phase 2 vectra gsi alloys resprayed in orange with black wheel nut covers, orange wing mirrors and an orange roof

have got the refurb kit and spray paint so just waiting on nut covers and sunny weather so i can make a start

a friend of mine also has a smoothed boot sat in a garage waiting to be sprayed, its had the recess cut out and a new plate welded in so wont crack so pennies are now being saved up for that, also need some different lowering springs or coilovers as i swear the springs on the front are off a bigger engine

Status
    Moderator Friend
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Wheel number 1 is nearly finished, all it needs now is a layer or 2 of lacquer and time to dry over night and it will be on the car tomorrow! Can't wait

Status
    Moderator Friend
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    It's nice when you start seeing your vision come to life!! Annoyingly the weathers gone shit again so the front 2 wheels have to wait for now feel free to leave comments on it in the thread in my sig, good or bad

Status
    Moderator Friend
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Before:

During:

And after

Badda bing!!! Definitely looks how I wanted to look am after a set of wing mirror covers and 3 door bump strips so if anyone has any for sale, send a pm my way

Status
    Moderator Friend
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Right I've now got some wing mirrors on the way and can't wait to get them sprayed up and fitted! While waiting for them though I've decided to spray a few bits and bobs, have sprayed the dial surround and engine cover in the same colour as the wheels and have plans to do the silver part of my centre console, heater vents and grab handles I also want to do something to the front and rear of the car in orange but can't think what lol!

Anyways here's the pics of the dial surround, engine cover and the car after a clean

I see what people mean about bright coloured wheels too, the above photo was taken 5 minutes ago and I only washed it yesterday!

Please feel free to leave comments in the thread below

Status
    Moderator Friend
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Engine covers fitted and looking good! Also fitted a new egr supplied by fraggle and the car feels a million times better than it did!!!

Also putting down a deposit tomorrow on a gsi front bumper!!! So hopefully within the next month or 2 my car will be finished, I'll enjoy it for a few months, take it to a few shows and will look at selling it and getting either an Sri-t or cdti

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast