Thread: Servicing / Warranty

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Servicing / Warranty

I purchased my new 10 plate 1.6 Astra Exclusive from Arnold Clark last week. It was registered on 28.06.10 and has 7k on the clock.

I am interested in any recommendations for servicing. Arnold Clark have a service plan which covers two or three services for £249 or £349, see link What are peoples thoughts on these costs and these plans in general? Also do I need to use Arnold Clark to maintain the Warranty as they indicated?

http://www.arnoldclark.com/servicing...e/service.html

Thanks in advance

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    i think they are a good idea ,
    but if you shop around you can get better deals

you dont have to use arnold clark any vx dealer will do.
    come to think of it any vat registered garage can service it but if anything major
    goes wrong with it and it wasnt serviced at a vx outlet then it can cause problems

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    By the looks of it all you are paying for is 1 service (either in 2years time or 3 depending on your car)
    As you have a 1.6 its every 2yrs/20k miles.

Believe the normal intrim service from VX is cheaper than £250 anyway. Plus by the looks of it they just change the oil, oil filter and air filter. Everything else is a check or advisory that it might need changing (at an extra cost)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the replies so far. I hadn't actually read it that way so I am glad you pointed that out. So considering that, would I still have to get it serviced myself in June which would be a year from when it was registered- is that correct? I'm really not clued up on these things and want to make sure its serviced at the correct times and I dont get done!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Follow Mark-R On Twitter Add Mark-R on Facebook
    I could be wrong but ithink you can use any garage for servicing as long as they use genuine VX parts with all paperwork to prove and this wont invalidate any warranty. But best to check.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

Smile warranty deal

Quote Originally Posted by My_First_Astra View Post
    I purchased my new 10 plate 1.6 Astra Exclusive from Arnold Clark last week. It was registered on 28.06.10 and has 7k on the clock.

I am interested in any recommendations for servicing. Arnold Clark have a service plan which covers two or three services for £249 or £349, see link What are peoples thoughts on these costs and these plans in general? Also do I need to use Arnold Clark to maintain the Warranty as they indicated?

http://www.arnoldclark.com/servicing...e/service.html

Thanks in advance

You will/may find if you look at the small print, that the servicing has to be done by them in the deal,, or the dealership "umberella" under which they come under,as they state.This is often what they do to ensure you have the car done by them,in order to honour any warranty claims that may arise.This is why it is usually more expensive.Can give you problems if you go outside this option.But other options may give you a better deal if you shop around.All warranties are dependant on getting the service/check intervals done at the specific milage they require,which are often more frequent than manufacturer"s stated intervals.so they squeeze a bit more cash from you.