Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

More courtesy light fun...

Hello!

New to the forum so please bear with me!

Apologies also for posting this question (again) but not sure if ive posted it correctly in the first place....

I have a zafira club 07 and the rear courtesy lights are not coming on when I open the doors. They work when the boot is open or switched on/off manually. The other courtesy lights work fine.
    Ive only had the car 3 weeks and the short version is vauxhall are telling me that this is a 'feature' of my car and as it should be... Ive looked at over 10 zafiras in the last two weeks all of whom have operable rear courtesy lights... The manual states they should work but Vauxhall remain unconvinced!!!

I want to ask fellow zafira drivers whether their rear courtesy lights work or not?

My only hope s the dealership putting this right when it goes back in this week... But i want to be prepared in the case of being told there's nothing wrong with it

Thanks
    Paul

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow hotzafira On Twitter
    could this be bad earth on the door switch? or maybe the switch on the light set on the wrong setting?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for your reply! Just heard from the dealership who tell me it's working as it should be... Apparently certain zafiras operate the way mine does-something to do with central wiring or something... To be honest it could be do with elves and pixies and I'd nit know different! All i do know is I paid an extra £500 for a club when I could have had a life with lights that worked...
    It's a small deal really but I'm going to be reminded of it everytime my daughter gets in the car... Feel ripped off really, first and I suspect last vauxhall, next time I'll listen to my dad and buy a Ford.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    If you are not happy or disbelieve your dealerships explaination, phone and speak to the main VX complaints department.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks montyfox,

I've tried for almost two weeks to get vauxhall to explain this to me... They tell me that the dealerships are the technical arm of vauxhall and the dealership tell me that vauxhall design them so ask them... Vauxhall customer service have now stopped returning my calls and the person dealing with my query is not available! Convenience written all over it

The technician/mechanic told me today that the courtesy lighting is wired one of two ways, in essence it works where all the lights come on or only the front and centre ones do... Nothing to do (such as fixing this) and no further explanations could be given I.e is it particular zafiras? Is it spec, year, model... Just (bad) luck it seems!

Took some advice legally, the sales of goods act says that items sold should be fit for purpose and as described... Been advised that as courtesy light are standard fittings and nothing was described as other than this at either point of sale or in literature (let's say the owners manual!) it's the dealership that bears responsibility for recourse... It's tempting to push this but without the £ to pursue it in court, big fish win.

Thanks for all your comments!

Anyone with a zafira with same 'feature'! Please drop me a line... There must be others out there?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    dont give up mate my zafira lights come on even when i open the front doors just have a look at the wiring if your not having any joys with the stealers but if theyre good at their job then they should be able to sort it out for you.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Cheers Mossy!

Stealers! Nice

I did ask the dealership whether it could be sorted but the mechanic did the plumber thing... Sucked in cheeks, stern look (dads a plumber so I've seen the look ha!)... Bottom line they say no.

I have been thinking about sorting this myself as I agree, there's got to be a way... The cynic in me thinks that if I were paying then they might have been more inventive! Know a fair bit about electrics, but dont fancy messing with the cars to be honest... Rewired the downstairs but had a proper sparkie come check and sign it off... Think I'll give one of the car mod 'shops' local to me to see if they can do anything and if they can then I'll go back to the dealership and give em' hell

Thanks again for your comments folks, much appreciated.