Thread: Cant decide what car to get!

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cant decide what car to get!

Really having a hard time here guys, basicly Ive whittled it down to the following, which I will list the pros and cons.

Corsa D 1.2 Petrol

Pros: Bang on my budget price, and only £850 to insure, cheap to run and cheap on tax etc
    Cons: Small car, only 3 doors, downgrade in power.

Astra 1.7 Diesel

Pros: Good size car, still cheap but has enough power to enjoy daily driving, exactly my top budget price.
    Cons: 4 doors looks weird to me but I cant afford a 3 door, insurance is over 1k and tax etc will be higher too. Also if I drop my whole budget on the car I cant mod it.

Vectra 1.9 Diesel
    Pros: Bags of space and plenty of DERV power, looks ace when modded and around or under my top budget price.
    Cons: Gonna cost almost £1500 to insure, tax will be high, fuel is diesel which goes further of course but its still a 1.9.

Probably more but I cant think at the moment, ideally it would be a 1.7 3 door astra but thats way out of budget.

Cant decide between nippy cheap corsa with a nice kit or a 1.9 "More adult" motorway cruiser that also looks awesome with the right styling add-ons.

I know the obvious answer is the cheaper one, but at this point it could be any of these, just need to be sure as Im going to have it for a few years.

So people, any ideas/oppinions?
    1.8 SE2 Coupe! Let the mods begin...

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Corsas looking the best option but theyre pretty pricey everywhere but auto trader! on ebay and corsa d theyre coming up for like 6k.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riskoe View Post
    Really having a hard time here guys, basicly Ive whittled it down to the following, which I will list the pros and cons.

Corsa D 1.2 Petrol

Pros: Bang on my budget price, and only £850 to insure, cheap to run and cheap on tax etc
    Cons: Small car, only 3 doors, downgrade in power.

Astra 1.7 Diesel

Pros: Good size car, still cheap but has enough power to enjoy daily driving, exactly my top budget price.
    Cons: 4 doors looks weird to me but I cant afford a 3 door, insurance is over 1k and tax etc will be higher too. Also if I drop my whole budget on the car I cant mod it.

Vectra 1.9 Diesel
    Pros: Bags of space and plenty of DERV power, looks ace when modded and around or under my top budget price.
    Cons: Gonna cost almost £1500 to insure, tax will be high, fuel is diesel which goes further of course but its still a 1.9.

Probably more but I cant think at the moment, ideally it would be a 1.7 3 door astra but thats way out of budget.

Cant decide between nippy cheap corsa with a nice kit or a 1.9 "More adult" motorway cruiser that also looks awesome with the right styling add-ons.

I know the obvious answer is the cheaper one, but at this point it could be any of these, just need to be sure as Im going to have it for a few years.

So people, any ideas/oppinions?
    contradiction^^^

veccy ftw!!
    Quote Originally Posted by fozzie1984 View Post
    but the wife thinks its better to spend money on food and silly things like that.

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by low3sy View Post
    contradiction^^^

veccy ftw!!
    4 door astras look weird to me unless they have certain things done to them. They need back windows tinted and a roof spoiler before they look half decent,