Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: me V the police have i got a case?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

me V the police have i got a case?

well i was pulled over last night for my reg plate ( X G51 BYE ) now i know its spaced wrong so im in the wrong and i said i would go and put the car away until the reg was sorted but he was just a pr*ck the whole time he spoke to me. now hes done for illegal spacing but tonight i spotted a under cover please car with this reg plate no spaces in the reg plate at all ie (XG51BYE)

now i went into the police station regarding this and the woman told me yes my reg plate is wrong so i asked about my other reg wink wink and showed her a photo of it ( the under cover please car reg ) and she said yes that is also illegal. there has to be 1 space between the XG51 and the BYE like so ( XG51 BYE )

i think im going to see if i can spot this car again and try and get a picture of a copper getting out of it so i have 100% proof the police are using this car illegaly.

i know this is abit pathetic as its only £60 fine but he spoke to me like a pr*ck and there was no need andd also why should they be aloud to get away with something that i cant.
    X G51 BYE kiss my gsi good bye :P

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    To be honest I think you are wasting your time!... The way the law see's it, it that it is a fair cop!.. Their stance is that you wouldve known your Registration plate was illegal. So many notifications about Reg plates nowadays for most drivers not to be aware...

Just take the cop and be grateful there was no accumalation of points!.... Harsh I know but most probably fair!..
    Star Silver SRI Turbo..'Red.Dot Reloaded'..Cybox Precat, Cybox Catback SS Exhaust..K&N Panel Filtered...9Ltr EDS SMIC!!.....

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would not bother as i'm sure they will have an excuse like "the undercover car needs to fit in" also they can make life harder for you in the long run, are all your mod's listed on your insurance?

Just pay the fine, my german plates have cost me £240 over 4 years
    OPC astra Estate for sale
    No 15 888R on route

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cars on traders policy so no need to list modifications, they just take the p*ss

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My view petty, you could always report it, but is it really worth all the hassle and time wasted behind it all? Your basically going to have personal vendatta against the undercover car and the policeman.

In the long run he will probably pull you over everytime see's your car just to do checks, Tax, insurance, drugs/drink etc. Remember they have the power to pull over ANY vehicle on the suspect of drink/drug driving.
    Disclaimer - some of the above text may actually be sarcasm (believe it or not!)

Astra 02, SRi 1.8i - Irmscher'd up (a bit) with Zebra front bumper

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i know where ur coming from he just came across as i can do what i want when i want. he as a pr*ck lol

Status
    Yorkshire RO
    Mentioned in
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Report it! I would... Others may see it petty but they have the same rules as us(i think)

Same as the traffic wardens that have got a grillin recently for parking in short stay parkibg whilst they do their rounds... Cant have rules and not follow them their selves.
    Live in Yorkshire? Click here for meet ups in our area!

Currently driving Arden Blue Zafira GSi..... Not your average people carrier!

If speed scares you, try Windows...

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeh thats what i thought, if he keeps pulling me over il get him done for harrasment, why should i feel i cant sort this out just because i think they will pull me more often

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    With regards to constant pulling over..... Take it further.

They think a uniform is a green light to act like a complete arrogant **** and talk down to people. I don't buy into the whole "don't offend them as they will make it difficult" who do they think they are? Public servants, there to protect and serve the public, not ridicule and belittle them....

At any roadside stop firstly i get the badge numbers, before any questions are answered. Then if anything is gonna come of it i always ask for a copy of the information recorded. Seems petty, they wanna be ignorant then make it as difficult as possible.

I managed to get pulled over 3 times in 4 days, all routine apart from where they thought i robbed a local shop. Due to the late shifts i worked i was always on the road at 2am, and ALWAYS guaranteed of a pull. I thought uninsured drivers are more likely drive when roads are heavily populated, not dead roads where a car would be a lot easier to follow and pull over? Anyway.....

The checks stopped when i took it to Headquarters as a grievance. It just got ridiculous after a while, i hadn't noised them up and the car is a bog standard granny mobile. No markers on it, no reason for the checks. And i hadn't went down badge numbers avenue at this point.

Point is, once i did this, it stopped. I don't disagree you do get some decent fair coppers, but unfortunately i have experienced more "up their own ass" examples, sorry excuses for cops than decent ones.

Waste of a uniform imo.
    GSi....boosting a' ower yer honda CTR, Vtec this!

Status
    Yorkshire RO
    Mentioned in
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    exactly

you should get the pics..... take to police station to report..... let them do what ever it is they need to do....... then watch their face when you answer the question "do you know who the car belongs to?"

haha
    Live in Yorkshire? Click here for meet ups in our area!

Currently driving Arden Blue Zafira GSi..... Not your average people carrier!

If speed scares you, try Windows...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast