Thread: mk4 cabriolet book lock/roof problem?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

mk4 cabriolet book lock/roof problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My 03 cabby has had roof issues for months now and despite the main dealers inability to help (at a sizeable cost) something still bugs me about how broken it actually is.

My central locking does not work on the boot. Does anyone know if this could be affecting the roof mechanism from working?

I'm tempted to replace the solenoid and wiring from this to the roof ECU but could I be throwing more money away without getting any closer to getting her ready for the summer?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Did you have any joy with this mate, as I'm having the same problem just now??

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not yet. Waiting for the boot solenoid and the short wire to the main loom to arrive and I'll try that first as looking at the exisitng wires there has been someone at them already so hopefully thats the cause. I did try a second hand roof ecu I bought (as a spare as they dont make them anymore) but the symptoms are exactly the same so either its not my ECU or I now have 2 both identically knackered.

I'll be posting my results as soon as the weather and the kids allow fitting. Good luck with your roof!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the boot lock is related to the roof being inoperative,also you should find the heated rear screen does not work as well,mine has this issue and after plugging in opcom it did come up with fault code B1000 replace roof ecu,i have managed to get another ecu so i hope this one is ok as new ones are NLS and were a lot of money when they were available

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Its stuff like that which confuses me with these cars. My heated window does still work unlike some other posts where the demisters have failed. VXL did run the car through their diagnostics and reported the roof ECU as broken however after sending to Opel in Germany for testing (at 180 quid) they reported it is working fine and "sometimes the computer says that!". TBH I've no idea on what to do hence trying the more obvious things such as replacing the boot locking and the less than perfect wires. Its that or a further 7 hours labour (estimated) for testing on top of the 300 spent already on this without success. After googling this subject at great length I do wonder what percentage of its siblings will be driving around this summer with miserable pale faced owners. Could be the worlds first ragtop recommended for Goths.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well, replaced the boot wire and solenoid, manually reset the roof and exactly the same issues. Damn it. Now need to find a trustworthy and experienced auto electrician locally, avoiding of course main dealers who have failed on both merits last year.

Has anyone had any experience of auto diagnostics for these cabbys just so I know roughly what to expect?