Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: 1.6 16V Sump Plug??

  
  1. #1
    Status
    Offline
    MikeMant's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,081
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    1.6 16V Sump Plug??

    Hey people first post in a long long time!

    Right, Car is a 2001 1.6 16v. Went to do an oil change and I couldn't find the sump plug? The cars I've worked on have had the 'normal' bolts. I did see what I 'think' is the plug but looks likes it requires an Allen Key? Am I right in thinking this is the sump plug?

  2. #2
    Status
    Offline
    stevej66's Avatar
    Tech Advisor/Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    on the sofa
    Posts
    7,069
    Mentioned in
    52 Post(s)
    Quoted
    240 Post(s)
    should be either a torx insert or hex insert, the bolt version ceased on most vaux's around 1999

  3. #3
    Status
    Offline
    MikeMant's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,081
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steve1412 View Post
    should be either a torx insert or hex insert, the bolt version ceased on most vaux's around 1999
    Hey! Cheers mate. Current car (Vectra) has a 15mm (I think) bolt. Just my new / next car has confused me lol.

    I will get a set of torx and hex keys and try again lol.

  4. #4
    Status
    Offline
    stevej66's Avatar
    Tech Advisor/Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    on the sofa
    Posts
    7,069
    Mentioned in
    52 Post(s)
    Quoted
    240 Post(s)
    no worries mate, vectra should be a 19mm sump plug iirc, when i had mine.

    take care if it is the torx type, they deform very easily, i tend to drop a new one in when i do my oil change as they only cost peanuts from vauxhall

  5. #5
    Status
    Offline
    MikeMant's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,081
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steve1412 View Post
    no worries mate, vectra should be a 19mm sump plug iirc, when i had mine.

    take care if it is the torx type, they deform very easily, i tend to drop a new one in when i do my oil change as they only cost peanuts from vauxhall
    Cheers mate I will nip to vauxhall on my way home to get a spare just incase!

    Can't wait to get my hands on the astra and mod lol

  6. #6
    Status
    Offline
    cudz sxi's Avatar
    AOC Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    139
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    its a t45 and its on the back end of the stump, check the "how to" section that shows you where it its at, when i done mine the other week it felt like i was going to round the bolt off if you do then get another but what i done was put some grips on there m8 came off no bother.

  7. #7
    Status
    Offline
    MikeMant's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,081
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cudz sxi View Post
    its a t45 and its on the back end of the stump, check the "how to" section that shows you where it its at, when i done mine the other week it felt like i was going to round the bolt off if you do then get another but what i done was put some grips on there m8 came off no bother.
    Awesome thanks mate

Similar Threads

  1. Sump plug
    By afcbob in forum NA Engines (Non-turbo petrol) inc. Transmissions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 28-04-2010, 11:01
  2. sump plug
    By Steve147 in forum NA Engines (Non-turbo petrol) inc. Transmissions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27-04-2010, 17:35
  3. oil sump plug
    By dazzyb in forum Turbo Petrol Engines inc. Transmissions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 21-04-2010, 17:52
  4. Sump Plug
    By ash_jnr in forum NA Engines (Non-turbo petrol) inc. Transmissions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 16-11-2007, 00:16

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •