Thread: 2001 Astra 1.7dti eco isuzu engine

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

2001 Astra 1.7dti eco isuzu engine

Hi people I'm a noon to this forum, but I have a issue. I have the car mentioned above and after having battery tested they said it was not putting the enough voltage back in the battery, the tester read 13.4v when idleing, and just above 13v with the lights on. The problem I have is first thing in the morrning when I start it, it sound abit week, also had a new battery about 4 months ago.

I've looked into buying a new alternator but I'm not sure about the one I need, Ive seen 70amp, 100amp and 120amp, not sure what's on the car at the mo but told it's undercharging, any help please on the alternator I need thanx.

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    13.4 is a bit low but it's not that bad. I'd be wanting to check all the engine earths first and make sure you have waited for your glowplug light to go out before you start to crank the engine over

Because another post says you have AC i'd say you have a 120amp alternator
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not sure were all the earths are but deffo won't hurt to copper grease them all, I always do wait for the coil light to go out, it's only on for a split second first thing in the morrning, and for the rest of the day the light doesn't come on!!
    I have seen this on eBay not sure if it will fit mine, can anyone say if it will fit

110609194954 item number