Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

lowering my astra mk5

right

currently looking at saving some pennys to mod my 59 plate 3 door! seen the alloys after some of me mates did the photshops! reinforced gun metal speedline turinis however im now stuck with lowering mainly from watching top gear and having a innoying farther saying money needs to be spent!

ive so far looked a 2 options, spending serious money and dropping 30mm on kw v3 coilovers, 1200 pound i know alot but want the comfort and the handeling! would also look at anti roll bars and braces too!

or vxr shocks all round and again bars and struts, but is this possible?

currently drive astra sporthatch 3 door design!

any advice and ideas would not go a miss! one other thing the GF dont want a massive bumpy ride!

HELP!

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Depends how much you want for looks against handling, on how much you will spend.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    not bothered about the expense my first option was kw v3 coilovers ill save to get them, want to go 30mm and have the ability to enjoy the driving i do on the backroads and abit of track time and then when the gf or family are in the car its not as bumpy as mates ka thats just set up fro dragging

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    kw v3's are a step to far really if you where a track day addict and at one every day but dont sound like you are

i know of three vans that attack the ring alot and they all have kw v2's they all use there vans every day off the week and then on track and all have this setup and i must admit it is very good the price is also alot nicer lol

vxr dampers is possible they bold straight on and then you can use either eibach sport or pro lines I've had both and the sport lines are the best and handling is well i used to bottle it before the van going round corners at 95mph that when standard are barely 70mph

if you go on track alot get some kw v2's

if not go for vxr dampers and pick your spring depending on how low you want it to go that is a very good setup for the road and the you want a rarb and front strut brace as both make a big difference

what engine is it?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers mate, prob will look more to the kw v2 as im more tempted with the coilies! was a into the mountain biking before i got into cars! so i know the basic is more you spend the better! the v3s i know were a step over the top! and would spend more time looking at my compression and dampening setting than driving the bloody car

its a 1.6 astra h sports hatch, nice 21 birthday pressy for me! thats another reason i want to spend the money on it its to last till i can get either a vxr or a supra, depend was the misses has next! need to keep up with her! also the car aint cost me anything this year, just need to save for the insurance in november and to mod it more! getting audio done atm with limited funds but done most of the wood work thats cost me nothing, will be posting my threads later when i get video system into boot! love being hands on and having access to good tools

quite enjoy the idea of blasting around the track, and i know the odd track day happens on the runway near me! and hope to get to some this year! i love the blast round the back roads too in the local area when its clear! tbh love a nice well planted car that has bags of grip and sticks in corners at speed, last car was on standard shocks n i could get 50-60 when i really asked it to! astra more pointy nosed and stick already, just feel i could ask for that bit more!

being told about anti roll bars and struts already in the pipeline,

just dont want the car on 17s and looking like a rangerover either when i get the speedlines on!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Second that! The V3 are a great coilover, but the adjustments would probably drive you crazy. The V2 makes life a lot easier.