Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Gear Stick Leather replacement

Hi guys,

Just registered as I'm about to buy a MK4 Astra, and INCREDIBLY excited to do so (ask my wife!). The interior seems pristine with the exception of the leather around the gear stick.

As far as I know it's a common problem, but wondered whether it's possible to get replacement leather and how easy it would be to fit?

Thanks.

Status
    South Central RO
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    welcome to the forum mate. yea there are loads of gaitors on ebay, just search for em. i got mine for £10 for the pair. it's a pretty easy job to do, just make sure you have a look at how the other one's fitted before taking it off and fitting the new one.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey Shadfall - Thanks for the warm welcome. Really pleased to be getting another Astra (rolled the other one unfortunately). This one looks a dream - 94k on the clock, almost perfect bodywork, new cam belt, mot, etc. Around £1100.

Will check out the gaiters on ebay and see what's on there!

Status
    South Central RO
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    im sure you can get it for £1000 lol any plans for mods?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I've been looking at some of the mods on here. I'm married with kids so I'm not sure how much I could get away with, even if I wanted to. That said, I like the idea of changing for a badgeless grille, and maybe a a trip to cool-leds (I think that's the name?).

Apart from that I dont want to go too mad in case it gets nicked!

With regards to a grand...it's in VERY good condition, and both whatcar and parkers seems to back up around 1100 or so. Might try and knock him down a little, just so that I can feel manly about the transaction

Status
    South Central RO
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebeecham View Post
    Might try and knock him down a little, just so that I can feel manly about the transaction
    lol gotta be done!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well...I drove for an hour today and came back with a shiny new Vauxhall Astra 16.i 16v. Very pleased with it, but it's stock everything at the moment. Might have to change a couple of things.

It's not without it's little 'erks' but I'm sure I can fix it...so far as I can see these are the only things:

1) It's got a Sony Xplod CD player in it, so the wheel controls wont work (unless they can be 'made' to work)?

2) The drivers wing mirror controls will only set the mirror low...I cannot raise the mirror back up again unless I move the glass with my hand. I think this just may have become unclipped inside the wing mirror casing.

3) Brake pedal squeaks - WD40 will resolve it.

I think that's it...very tidy car and I'm pleased with it overall!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome to the cub mate, enjoy your stay. . .. . . glad to hear your pleased with car.

Status
    South Central RO
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You'll need to get a couple of adaptors to get the steering wheel controls to work, just make sure your CD player is steering wheel control compatible though as mine wasn't. Is the wing mirror manual or electric? It could be unclipped or the cable could be worn which mine was, ended up upgrading to electric anyway. and who needs a brake pedal anyway? lol

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hey Shad (can I be presumptious?) - I fixed the wing mirror, as it had just become unclipped within the casing. This was fixed within a couple of minutes.

With regards to the CD Player...will check! On another note with the CD player, it is remembering no settings when I switch the car off. Is this a wiring thing and is it likely o be simple to fix?

Hey ASTRA2507 - Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm sure I will enjoy my stay, especially if this welcome is anything to go by! I'm in Dorset, by the way but want to head up to the Yorkshire Dales at some stage!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast