Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Z1.7dth turbo waste gate

Hi all
    Can anyone give me some advice on how check and how to set a waste gate up on a Z1.7dth i think that is sticking open and sending car into limp home mode.After reving engine and watching wastegate open and close for a while it then stuck open and went into limp home mode once closed with a screw driver engine was back to normal and reving fine.
    Any advice would be welcome ........Cheers

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey, I have same issue with my van! P1125 - Seized wastegate! Vauxhall said you can't replace wastegate you have to replace whole flipping turbo even though there is nothing wrong with the turbo! If you find a fix please let me know!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yea p1125 & p105 seems to crop up quite regular . I think that the waste gate & solenoid ect just bolts on to turbo its just the setting up im not to sure about hopefully someone will post a " How To " . I think that mine is badly adjusted it is all moving but is sticking open every now & then. I will have a look & post how i get on

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm guessing you have a 'live' reader? Mine only does it when accelerating past 75 which is odd! I think it is the egr being faulty or blocked which makes turbo overbooste maybe! Is a nightmare uh?! Hope you get yours fixed

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi seriousam
    Replaced & cleaned out EGR valve , removed inlet manifold to clean heavily carboned up swirl flaps ,replaced throttle body (original one had no butterfly in it ),replaced all vacumn pipes, replaced crankshaft sensor ,replaced maf and map sensors and still the bloody thing goes into limp home mode .The only thing i haven't replaced is the turbo. The strange thing is that when in limp home mode if i keep my foot buried in the carpet ( hold it on the 3500rpm limiter ) it seems to clear its self after a few miles of driving and the car is back to normal ( revving like a 2 stroke up to 5000 rpm) I still don't know how it can go back to normal on its own ? ....Bit of a strange one

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Had this problem with mine when i first had my car, you could hear the bugger overboosting and they decided that it was the turbo at fault, they replaced this and told me it was fixed but the problem was still there. Not sure on how they fixed it in the end though as they gave me some bullshit story about the new turbo was boosting past one of the sensors causing it to throw a wobbly...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the Z17DTH does not have a waste gate as it has a variable vane turbo,if you have a vv problem you normaly get a P0234 fault code,with your codes you could have a boost sensor fault or the wiring going to it,vauxhall have brought out a modified plug to fix that

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sportive135 View Post
    Hi seriousam
    Replaced & cleaned out EGR valve , removed inlet manifold to clean heavily carboned up swirl flaps ,replaced throttle body (original one had no butterfly in it ),replaced all vacumn pipes, replaced crankshaft sensor ,replaced maf and map sensors and still the bloody thing goes into limp home mode .The only thing i haven't replaced is the turbo. The strange thing is that when in limp home mode if i keep my foot buried in the carpet ( hold it on the 3500rpm limiter ) it seems to clear its self after a few miles of driving and the car is back to normal ( revving like a 2 stroke up to 5000 rpm) I still don't know how it can go back to normal on its own ? ....Bit of a strange one
    Wow you really have tried everything! You must have a faulty boost sensor or somet... You are correct as a wastgate either works! or doesn't! ??(seized)... yours is a different engine though as you have the Z17DTH which is the more powerful version I think... I have the Z17DTL 80HP snail..!

Re Jiberson: Would it be possible for you to ask your dealer what they did to fix it?? Or is it too long ago? Im desperate here... Don't wanna pay for a new turbo when this ones is fine 90% of the time...

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solorider View Post
    the Z17DTH does not have a waste gate as it has a variable vane turbo,if you have a vv problem you normaly get a P0234 fault code,with your codes you could have a boost sensor fault or the wiring going to it,vauxhall have brought out a modified plug to fix that
    So what is that whoosing noise when I let off the throttle when the car is between 1500 and 2000 up a hill or when I racing the car and between gears I hear a wuuuuuuuuuww noise not whistling. I have had this noise before and after a DTUK red box , and have mad no modification whats so ever to the engine.
    Thanks

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi solorider
    I don't suppose you have the part number for this modified plug so that i can try this on my van. The only fault codes i get are p1125 & p0105 this could mean many things. My turbo deff has a waste gate on it you can see it moving when you rev the engine ( when it is not stuck open ). Also another strange thing happened tonight on way home it went into limp home mode while sitting in traffic ticking over its getting worse ....cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast