Thread: Changing Auxiliary Water Pump

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Changing Auxiliary Water Pump

My aux water pump went and kept popping fuse 39, which I know is quite a common issue. So I got another pump (Second hand), i've had it all apart and cleaned it down etc so it's ready to go.

What is entailed in changing this pump however? Would I need to drain all the coolant or anything silly like that?

I'm not very mechanically minded but I don't mind having a go at things! Anyone able to give me a list of steps / and or tutorial type thing for swapping this over???

Cheers
    Great Minds Discuss Ideas; Average Minds Discuss Events; Small Minds Discuss People

http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/...e/jahadley.png

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    youll probs lose a fair bit of coolant - but id advise dropping the lot anyway and filling with nice fresh stuff

go one step further and flush the block and rad out as u would when fitting a new stat

if however u just wanna exchange the pump and top up as neccessary this will be fiine

if you wish to limit the spillage, grab a couple of clamps or even make ur own with some pliers and some pieces of wood or even cloth or plastic or anything between the pliers and the rubber hoses either end of the pump - clamp them down so u dont lose as much liquid.

rest is self explanatory

HTH

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah I was thinking about just clamping the pipes, then hoping it would pretty much be a hot swap. I wont need to like have to bled the system of air or anything?

Car is going in for a service at end of next month anyway so will be gettin all new stuff then, so didn't wanna prat about with losing and replacing it all by doing it myself only for it to be done again next month. If that was the case I probably would of just got it done at same time as the service.

Cheers for the info anyway Geordie! Much appreciated.
    Great Minds Discuss Ideas; Average Minds Discuss Events; Small Minds Discuss People

http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/...e/jahadley.png

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    out of curiosity mate what does the aux pump look like just for future reference??

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    its sits in a bracket and is attached on front of the gearbox - next to the lower engine mount

i'll leave the rest up to you to try n find it - youve got some good clues here, coolant, pump, location etc....

go searching