Thread: UNDERSTANDING evaporative emission control

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

UNDERSTANDING evaporative emission control

hI THIS IS SOMETHING THAT PUZZLES ME , READ IN THE MANUAL THAT THE FUMES FROM THAT CHARCOAL CANISTER THING FROM THE FUEL TANK IS RELEASED INTO THE INLET tract VIA THE VALVE THAT FASTENS TO THE AIR FILTER BOX AND SO BURNT OFF.

2000 X REG 1.6 8 VALVE .

THIS IS WHAT IS STRANGE THE RUBBER HOZE FROM THAT VALVE GOES INTO THE CAMSHAFT COVER RIGHT NEXT TO THE VAUXHALL LOGO.
    I HAVE JUST GOT THIS CAR AND SORTING SOME RUNNING PROBS OUT THANKS TO YOU ON THESE TREADS AND HAVE NOTICED THAT. ROBERT

Status
    Tech Advisor/Moderator
    Mentioned in
    52 Post(s)
    Quoted
    240 Post(s)
    indeed this evap pipe connects to the base of the throttle body so that it can be recycled from the inlet side. should be a breather pipe exiting your camshaft cover

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for reply, had a quick look this morning at the carb body at the back to see if there was any spare outlets......... could'nt see any.. will have to investergate further.I wonder where that outlet on the cam cover should go because right next to it there is also a larger breather pipe going to the air box . strange how someone has done this Robert