Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quick help with part numbers - brake drums

Hi everybody,

I need your quick help with a stupid question; I always had my astra 1.4 16V estate from 2001 shake when braking, especially at higher speeds, ever since I bought it 10 years ago. While still in warranty the dealer said they found nothing wrong with it, blablabla. However I accidentally found a webpage addressing brake drum problems and it seems that a warped or oval drum may be the cause. I checked the wheel and drums myself and when turning them there is an intermittent rubbing of the shoes with the drum and, on close inspection, the drum does not turn perfectly round. Anyway, to make a long story short I want to change my drums to see if that will fix it but I'm getting conflicting information regarding the part to fit. This guy on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT has them for 16.65 Eur each and lists them as being compatible with my car. However, just to be sure I asked him and he says that no, they don't fit, and I need opel part number 568267 which costs 49 Eur each (his is apparently equivalent to 568063). However, many drum manufacturers list for my car a drum equivalent o original part number 568063. I measured mine and all sizes match the one listed on ebay and those made by several brands for the 2001 opel astra estate with the Z14XE engine.

Sooo, to finalize, do I really need the more expensive ones he's trying to sell me, part 568267 (and why, since the dimensions are all the same) or can I go with the cheaper ones, part 568063.

I have a 3000 Km trip soon and would like to do this as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Paulo.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry, posted in the wrong place... should be Astra G MK4... please move it if possible.

Thanks!