Thread: Android? HTC Wildfire

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Android? HTC Wildfire

Just a quick question really. I am on 3 network and have only just got the 2.2 update recently and the battery life seems worse?

I have nothing constantly running from what i can think of but the weather sync and maybe facebook.

In the battery usage the top one is; Android System at like 54% which it is currently at and varies from 30-50% without me even touching the phone!

It used to be only at 13% or less.. whats causing this and how do i stop it?
    Current - Celica GT
    Astra - Sold

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It might be your 3G running constant. I got an update for my X10 and the same thing happened. They both run on Android so it should be similar if not the same. Got to 'Settings, wireless & networks, mobile networks, then uncheck data traffic'. This is what i did anyway and when i'm out and about i just check the data traffic again if i'm lookin to use the internet. I also downloaded Juice defender app too. Hope this helps mate

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Under mobile networks it does not say data traffic, it says data roaming in which National data roaming is checked out of that one and never and automatic mate.

Oh i tried the juice defender but uninstalled it thinking that was draining it cos it made no difference
    Current - Celica GT
    Astra - Sold

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe this?

http://www.htcwildfireforum.com/htc-.../battery-life/

Failing that then google may have the answer. Thats how i found out about my phone mate. Best o luck.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahonski View Post
    Maybe this?

http://www.htcwildfireforum.com/htc-.../battery-life/

Failing that then google may have the answer. Thats how i found out about my phone mate. Best o luck.

Cheers mate
    Current - Celica GT
    Astra - Sold

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Strange as my Wildfire battery life improved following the 2.2 update. I guess you have an app that's draining the power.

I have noticed that it doesn't charge so well using a PC USB, but the ampage is half that of the charger.
    Tell me what you've done, not what you're going to!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    After most upgrades to android phones, the battery stats and life dies a slow death.

Reset Battery
    Best thing to do is reset the battery but charging it full, while its on, then turn the phone off, and charge it again until the orange LED goes green, turn it back on, and charge it till the orange LED goes green and a final charge when its off again.

Screen Drain
    If it doesnt improve after this, then i'd hazard a guess that its an app using the 3G connection. Sometimes its the screen brightness thats a fault. Use the Power Control Widget and use 1 of the 3 screen brightness settings (most right setting on the widget) At night i set it really low, then up one for during the day.

You could try the free version of Juice Defender to see whats cooking the battery. As its been said already, 2.2 was supposed to help improve battery life.

The Power Control Widget can help you see if you have Wireless, Bluetooth or GPS turned on also, and if your not using them just knock them off and they drain the battery the most.

Hope that helps for now, but if you get any other bother with it just ask, i have the Desire which is just the Wildfires daddy :P
    IT Services for Glasgow, UK
    This is only here for google webmaster tools purposes.