Thread: X16SZR, Warm = Rough

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

X16SZR, Warm = Rough

Made a few posts before and im near as much as i can take with the car to cut a long story short, the problem with the car is it is rough as hell when warm. the revs when in neutral and idling as well as when the clutch is down are awful, fluctuate like mad and causes the whole car to keep shuddering and jolt a bit, making this point clear it is ONLY when the car is warm! adding to this i believe the MPG on the car is poor, whether it is related or not i dont know.

Things i have already done:
    HG, WP and Timing belt done less than 5k miles ago
    new ICV and cleaned up
    Throttle potentiometer was removed cleaned and put back on Throttle body
    Throttle body been taken off the car and cleaned up though it was as clean as a whistle almost when i took it off to be cleaned as everything was cleaned when i did the head gasket
    Injector has been changed
    Single wire Lambda was replaced cause i managed to pull the wire off that one (not a bosch though)
    All filters have been replaced
    CTS replaced with new

not sure if im missing anything but if you have any suggestions at all especially anything that i havent done or looked at, looks like it could be heading towards being an ECU based problem? though it has the refurbed sticker on it.

Thanks! and many thanks to Steve (Steve1412) for his help and some inputs from Geordie!

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    oh forgot to add that the EGR is fairly need and blanked yet still connected which made no difference to running

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    anyone got any advice or should i go along and try the ECU or just get rid of the bugger

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    anything at all?

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    another update:
    tested the ECU by seeing if it does store codes by taking out the MAP sensor and low and behold it threw it up and gave the right code, its a refurbed unit so maybe the problem isnt there!

Also, i think the revs issue is all the time and its less noticable when cold due to the choke keeping revs up, as the car can still jerk at lower revs, even more noticable when warm though.

Decided to check sparks from the leads, all seem pretty good except for #2 which seems pretty weak, have to basically make full contact with a surface before i get a spark, could this contribute to this problem?

Cam area is getting more and more noisy, dies down a bit after a cold start but its still tappy so could the tappets do with a replacement? could the CAM and lifters be in a bit of a dire state too?

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    just checked plugs, all are fine, not oily or carbony deposits, checked the coilpack spark and all terminals are giving a good spark so no problems there. really am stook with this one, no EML throwing up any problems at all but you hear a sort of pulsing, quite a low pitched sound and it keeps "pulsing" and "pulsing"...

anything from anyone?