Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Astra G Mk4 Error 1482

Hi

OK I have the spanner Icon on the dash and it givers me the code of 1482 with the throttle and brake down trick.... but my astra is a 1.6LS LPG Dual Fuel, with aircon, the fault shows as second stage fan, I think this is correct too as when the car gets hot the fan comes on at slow speed, but never goes any faster...I have checked the relays associated with the second stage and they are both ok and so are the fuses, so I assume its the fan control module, but where is it????
    Its not under the bumper where it should be, not a trace, now as its is LPG could it have been moved? there is a lot of extra electronics around the battery, although nothing that looks like that module...

any suggestions as i hate lights on the dash..

thanks

Cliff

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the module is quite a large unit, slightly bigger than an engine ECU, located between the left(passenger) arch liner and bumper, around the area of the washer bottle.
    id be checking blower motor relay 2 though.
    The relays for the radiator fan are in the small fuse box at the back of the engine compartment. Relays numbers 2 and 6 are for the fan.
    Also check the fuses in the other small fuse box next to it. Fuses 4 and 8.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Checked the relays and they all work in that box, although there is no relay in position 6, and all the fuses are good, but there is no module, I have looked at pics on the web as to where it should be and nothing, no cables go down to that area at all, I assume that if I jack up the NS front of the car and look up to the washer bottle it should be there on the inner wing?

I have seen one other post somewhere that someone else didnt have a module and it turned out to be the fan had resistors in it to vary the speeds, seems a bit odd that they would differ things on the same cars??
    I dont really want to take the car in to a garage, I'd rather fix it myself..

Can you just confirm that Jacking the car up I should see it from the underside?

thanks

Cliff

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    late models that dont have an air con fan on the front, dont have a module iirc

they have a more powerful main fan in place of the 2 used previously on ac models

so if its a late model, you have aircon, but dont have a fan on the front of the aircon rad then thats why.... unless im mistaken

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, I guess thats why I cant find the module, its a 2003 (53) with aircon, and one large fan on the engine side of the radiators. So is it the fan that faulty then? that gives the 1482 error, second stage fan... its when it get to 90deg the light comes on, so I assume its trying to get the fan to go faster but it wont....any pointers as to a fix...it hit 31degC here in New Zealand yesterday and it gets a little hot in traffic especially if the air con is on ( yes I exported the car from the UK)

a side point, why does this not show up on a diag machine??? seems daft to have two seperate ways to have fault codes stored....

Thanks

Cliff

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cliffb,

did you ever get this sorted since I'm getting the exact same problem on my 2003 (03) astra.

I've looked at all the fuses that are connected to the fan and all seem ok so it's possible down to the relays.

Anyone know which of these relays in the picture will be connected the the radiator fan?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nope, still have the problem and now it wont start when its cold so I am guessing the enging coolant sensor is not working properly, although I dont know if that drives the dash board gauge, but that works fine...

I am beginning to think they may be related?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All....OK been putting up with this for a few months now, and still no resolution, I have checked all relays under the bonnet and fuses, all are OK, Toady I have replaced the fan unit on the Rad, and the fault is still there, I thought it was fixed for a while, the spanner was coming on all the time at start up and stay on for a few miles then go off and only come on when the temp is high enough for 2nd speed on the fan.

Mine is the one with the single fan on the inside of the rads, with NO control box under the wing.

Is there someone with any further Ideas as to where to look?...

I have replaced the engine coolant sensor which I thought could be related to poor cold starting and the fan, but the poor cold starting turned out to be a dodgy connection on the crank sensor ( I think its the crank sensor, bottom front of engine)

but this fan issue is a pain thin the backside now, anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram for the astra g with single fan....

I am down to the last thing I can think of trying.. which is removing the battery and hoping it'll forget /reset itself, and then see the new fan....I dont know if it works like that, it still thinks it has a fault so does not try second speed?

but any help on this would be great !!

thanks

Cliff

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Got the same problem had it checked by vauxhall garage and it is a problem in the ecu only way to solve it is replacement unit

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    There is one last thing to try: Unplug the ECU, leave it for an hour or so and reconnect it. Let us know how you get on.
    2001 Astra LS 1.6 16v (Y536 ORO)
    1972 Triumph Dolomite 1850 auto (NYE 751L)
    Check out my Blog at http://triumphtoledo.blogspot.com