Thread: changing display for bigger screen

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

changing display for bigger screen

hi,i have the small display with the 2 buttons under the screen.can i put the bigger screen in with the compatible cd30?is the plug the same and will it work ok?
    thanks

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    You can change the screen yes.

Best thing to do is look for a 3 line MFD on eBay, along with a stereo its paired to. Its not quite as easy I don't think as plug and play, you will more than likely need someone with Tech2 to be able to match the headunit/MFD to your car.
    Astra sold ... replaced with a Skoda ... soon to be replaced with another Vauxhall

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mgodden1989 View Post
    You can change the screen yes.

Best thing to do is look for a 3 line MFD on eBay, along with a stereo its paired to. Its not quite as easy I don't think as plug and play, you will more than likely need someone with Tech2 to be able to match the headunit/MFD to your car.
    i have a cd30 with the big screen but what is a 3 line mfd?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    Your display is 2 line as it has the 2 buttons at the bottom of it. In literal terms, your display will have 1 line showing time and outside temperature, then the bottom line with show the radio.

A 3 line display is literally what it says, 3 lines, one for date/temp, other for radio and last for day display, I THINK.
    Astra sold ... replaced with a Skoda ... soon to be replaced with another Vauxhall

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mgodden1989 View Post
    Your display is 2 line as it has the 2 buttons at the bottom of it. In literal terms, your display will have 1 line showing time and outside temperature, then the bottom line with show the radio.

A 3 line display is literally what it says, 3 lines, one for date/temp, other for radio and last for day display, I THINK.
    ah ok mate that makes sense.i have a spare 3 line mfd and stereo so if i put them in i will most prob need tech2 to sort it out.cheers mate,thanks.also is your car lowered atall because im putting twin top alloys on my estate do you recon i should just get lowering springs or coilovers?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    Thats ok. Your stereo and mfd you have spare, were they divorced from the old car before they were removed? You will need tech2 for sure to pair the new stuff up.

My car is only lowered the 20mm as standard that SXi's are. It is entirely up to you what you put on your car, obvioulsy if you want to lower it a set amount and not adjust height, springs, if you want to be able to raise it or lower it if needed then coils.

Just out of curiosity, do you have TwinTop alloys ready to go on the car, or do you still need to get some?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Ok,my mate has some for sale so mite buy them.y you ask?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    Just wondered.

They are pretty rare, so just wondered how you were going to get hold of a set, that is all.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    ah ok,my mate prefered vxr wheels so he has them spare.im not to keen on them off the car but they look nice on your car,cheers for help

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    At first when I got mine, I loved the look of them on the car they came off of, put em on mine and wasn't 100% sure, but they are growing on me big time, and fact I don't think theres another 5 door hatch with them on makes it all the better.