Thread: Josh L's Astra Coupe

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Josh L's Astra Coupe

Well im completely new to the Vauxhall scene so lets start with the basics.
    I bought a 2000 Astra Bertone Coupe on an X plate not to long ago with the intention of keeping it standard as i quite liked the way it is anyway, but that soon changed as i got browsing through AOC and kinda liked what i saw.

So here goes...

Its a 1.8 16v, no modifications under the bonnet.
    Silver with Irmscher boot spoiler and rear bumper extentions, other than that its standard.
    Full Black leather interior with heated seats, no mods to the interior...even got original head unit!

First job was to give it a full service and new cam belt.
    After reading up on the air box de-restriction and veccy air intake i decided to go down that route instead of keeping it standard. But me being me i bought the wrong veccy intake pipe (got 9177098 instead of 9177099) turned out to be much larger than the standard pipe and a pain to fit as it wasnt a simple swap, had to adjust a few bits and cut other bits apart! Also put in a K&N panel filter. But all went well in the end.

Next job was the brakes. All the pads were ok but the front disks looked a bit poorly

So the wallet came out again and now they look much better

Stumbled across this whilst browsing ebay, thought i might as well get it to see what it looks like.

Then got these pressed metal plates from good old ebay too, but need to get some irmscher plate holders as i really dont want to drill them.

Really dont like standard lights, and definately going down the HID route when i have the money but currently sorting out getting a house so saving as many pennies as i can. Meanwile i can still play about with different bulbs i had for my previous cars.

Standard sidelights...

Then theres the Amber 5 SMD bulb...

And finally a Bright White 8 SMD Bulb...

Im thinking im going to stick with the bright white to match HID's (when i get them) also i purchased some matching bulbs for the rear number plate, boot, interior and glove box. Im really struggling to find LED SMD Festoon bulbs to fit the Passengers vanity mirror in the sun visor, if anyone knows where to get these please let me know!

Also to do with lights, i didnt like the amber glow of the front side repeaters/indicators when they wernt on so i promptly bought some silvertec bulbs to replace the originals.

Thats pretty much it so far but hopefully lots more on the way (when i have some money in my pocket again!) including coilies, HID's, Cupra front splitter, and maybe a GSI front bumper.
    MK4 1.8 Bertone Coupe Problem after problem

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quick update, just ordered Irmscher number plate surrounds for my pressed plates from ebay. Thanks to bucky and B1988M for the info.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Got the plates on now and the interior, glovebox and boot led's all in too.
    Pictures up soon.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Finally uploaded pics of the plate surrounds on, just need to get the pics of the led's. Also got some more led's on the way but some interesting ones ive never seen before. Have to wait for Mr. Postman to come until more details and pics are revealed.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Pics of LED's in, quite bright considering it was a sunny day!

Got a little excited today when the postie turned up with some packages for me...number plate LED and LED headlight and foglight bulbs! Found them on ebay by accident and as they were only £5 per pair i thought why not!

The bulb in...

Standard bulbs compared to the LED's...

At night (LED's)...

At night (LED on left, standard on right)...

Looked quite good in the daylight. Took the other half into town this evening and the lights looked even better at night...but only that, they LOOKED good and thats it utterly pointless if you want to see further than 2 meters infront of the car at night, turns out they are just extra bright "sidelights" that happen to fit in the main beam socket! And as for the fogs...well no pics as they didnt even work! Think i may have blown a fuse or something though when taking the originals out and putting these in though as now my originals dont work in there either and i only tried one!

And finally pic of number plate bulb...

Just going to stick to original plan of HID's, and maybe put the leds somewhere out of the way and just use them for show...or forget about them all together!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quick update, bought some smoked coupe turbo rear lights today off of member "diboor". Good quality, happy purchase, cheers!

Standard...

Smoked...

Standard on left, smoked on right...

Smoked in...