Thread: Have I got a' bad luck car'

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Have I got a' bad luck car'

I purchased the 1.7cdti sri the end of October with 7000 miles on the clock, since then its had stone chips, bashed 19" alloy after hitting a pothole ,someone reversed into it(so it needs a new front) and now its telling me the oil needs changing with only 8800 miles on the clock. After having the two previous model astras with no issues whatsoever I'm begining to think its 'one of those bad luck cars or was I just plain mad buying a car just as the weather turned to winter

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Astra J VXR
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Add Moonman on Facebook
    Dependant on driving style the oil is monitored by the cars computer and will be susceptable to variable life servicing. The car constantly monitors the oil quality and advises accordingly. As you say though "bad luck" will definatly include kerbing a wheel and getting lots of stone chips.
    Summit White Astra J GTC VXR 2.0L Petrol Turbo (276 PS) with Aero Pack and 20's

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you bought it with that mileage in October is it coming up to 12 months old? That may explain the oil change. Just a routine service
    Astra J 1.4 Turbo Elite In Olympic White- AFL, Bluetooth, 18" alloys, Towing Pack

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You are not the only one. I scratched one rim because a stone was covered in snow, got a stone chip in my windscreen and to on the fender, one tire was damaged in a pothole and yesterday a Hiace drove into it so I have to change, the back fender, bumper, tail light and the right back wheel is not straight anymore..

And you should have the first oil change around that milage, its best for the engine. Next time it will last alot longer.
    Excuse me, I'm Norwegian..

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks folks its booked in for its first service tomorrow and the bodywork repairs begining of March.