Thread: advice on front discs and pads

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

advice on front discs and pads

hi, just had my astra H 1.9 cdti (150) service to find that my front discs need replacing and also the pads.

anyone know any good pads and discs for my car?. i dont really want to spend any more than £150 for the front discs and pads.

so far i've seen on ebay some MTEC drilled and grooved discs which come with mintex redbox pads for £99 delivered. anyone had these before or know if they are any good?

many thanks.
    Gaz Jones
    mk5 lightning silver 1.9cdti/de badge/lowered on eibach pros/k&n panel filter/possible remap this year

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Speak to MTEC direct, they may do a better deal

MTEC get good comments on here, as do Mintex pads but I can't comment on them personally. I looked at pricing the discs on their own and then options for perhaps EBC Yellowstuff pads, or other Mintex higher spec ones which was more tempting.

For £150 you'd easily get some very good pads alongside the Mintex discs, you can also have them black edition coated which prevents rust on the inner/outer edge of the disc if you're a picky sod like me

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers for the reply. might get the mtec discs on their own. think they are £75. then i can look in to getting some better pads. ill have a look at the yellowstuff now see if i can find any.
    Gaz Jones
    mk5 lightning silver 1.9cdti/de badge/lowered on eibach pros/k&n panel filter/possible remap this year