Thread: Will i get lag if.....

Status
    SRi Turbo :)
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Will i get lag if.....

I use a turbo such as a gt28/TD05 or a similar size copy from ebay and have the car mapped to 300ish. would i get lag?? i know once on boost it wouldnt drop off to redline like the vxr turbo. I don't want too much lag but if i get a bit of lag and don't get full boost till 3k or something i can deal with that

Just playing about with ideas i got a bit of money saved and the cars going off the road in a month for some work so i want to get lots done

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You will get some lag but not to the point where it will hinder performance Ad.. Garrett GT28's are quite small... The Greddy TD05 is non to disimilar so you should be good to go with the right remap...
    Star Silver SRI Turbo..'Red.Dot Reloaded'..Cybox Precat, Cybox Catback SS Exhaust..K&N Panel Filtered...9Ltr EDS SMIC!!.....

Status
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Good stuff, i cba to stick a new vxr turbo or hybrid and run the risk of it failing. I'll buy one of atty's gt28 kits if i got enough money, if not i'm buying a TD05 and mitsubushi manifold, welding a let flange on and its good to go, not seen it done before on a z20let either my mates got a TD06 on his z20let, which is in a vauxhall carlton lol.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's is a good idea to be different... but just remember there will be slightly different obstacles to overcome if encountered... I have been looking at Greddy Turbos for a while as I wanted to be different.. We will have to see which route I eventually go..
    Star Silver SRI Turbo..'Red.Dot Reloaded'..Cybox Precat, Cybox Catback SS Exhaust..K&N Panel Filtered...9Ltr EDS SMIC!!.....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i got a t3 hybrid on my gsi and there is virtually no lag!there was more lag with my standard zlet unit tbh.
    But i guess with the amount of work ive had done ie cams and headwork make quite a difference to.
    my ebay apexi air filter + adapter link:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MESE:IT

Status
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrStush View Post
    It's is a good idea to be different... but just remember there will be slightly different obstacles to overcome if encountered... I have been looking at Greddy Turbos for a while as I wanted to be different.. We will have to see which route I eventually go..

Me and my mate have done alot of research. Its actually relativly simple. The mitsubushi stainless manifolds are a decent design, is not better than the 200sx style one being equal length. And you can pick up a let flange for 30-40 quid or so, they blend in ok. the downpipe flange can be welded too easy enough. and the oil and water lines can be had for 30 quid if you order from japan

but i think if i spent an extra 500 and bought atty's gt20 kit then it will save lots of time and fabrication.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    reed about percy's 350hp vxr in latest tv and there's your answer..ball bearing turbos are the way to go.