Thread: Bulbs

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bulbs

Picking my Astra J up at some point next week but wondering whether the standard SRI headlights come with ultra White bulbs or whether I need to buy some aftermarket ones. Just wondering if anyone knows before I ask. Thinking of getting dealer to fit some for me if they don't come as standard.

Can anyone recommend where I can buy some from?

Also are the bulbs a pain the @rse to change like on the H?

Cheers guys

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Autobulbsdirect are normally good for bulbs mate. You want H7's for the dipped and main, and 2 of these: http://www.matrixracing.com/p-4564-p...hite-bulb.aspx for the daytime running lights.

Easy enough to do yourself, no need to pay the garage to do them. A lot easier than the H.

I've got the DRLs, 2 sets of BlueVision H7's and a set of silvatec indicator bulbs ready to go onto mine soon.
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    To be honest there not to bad as standard, i changed mine though for bluer ones.
    Irmscher J 1.6 Turbo 0-60 7.2 SECS/ 200 BHP/ 260NM.........SO FAR!!!!!!!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    They're absolute shite when you drive on country roads though. Was like having candles in jam jars compared to my old VXR's BlueVisions and the Vectra's factory HIDs with BlueVision main beams.
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers guys. Not sure if I'm struck on the blue tint bulbs if I'm being honest. Thinking it will cheapen the look on a black car? Not seen any yet tho! I'm just looking for pure White rather than the usual yellowy tint that comes with standard lights. I'll see how they look as standard when I pick the car up and make a decision then!

Any other ideas on subtle styling? Don't want to chav it up but want to give it a distinctive look!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    so not like this then!!! ;-)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mate that looks awesome. How much of that is standard kit? What mods have u done? Like the Irmscher grille but they are £200+ so don't think the wife will take too kindly to that! Nice car tho mate :-)

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Its the Irmscher Body kit, i got managed to get the front spoiler, side skirts, aluminium grill and roof spoiler at trade and the wheels done f.o.c when a bought the car. Its cost altogether £1094. Its the Irmscher body kit, it looks good but if you loose anything like a jacket point its a bugger to replace! When the car had some work done to it they did'nt put the jacking points back right and one fell off, so i`ve been waiting 3 months for Vx to get me a replacement. As far as mods, its been lowered, re-mapped (stage 1) erm oh and the interior has been done and the wing mirrors. Check out the Irmscher J lowered and remapped thread on here. all pics etc on there.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Money well spent I'd say! I'm only getting 1.6VVT so it would never be worth spending much on it really! I was so close to getting the 1.4T on satuday, was offered a cracking deal but had to think sensible as insurance and running costs would have to be considered and when planning on Starting a family I had to think twice. I wouldn't mind getting it lowered and rear and back window tints but will see what my work bonus brings in April.

I'm just glad to be getting the car I want, last week I thought I was way out of budget but Arnold Clark came up with the goods in the end.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sweet, sounds good. The VVT will help preformance anyway and you can always get it remapped to. Should be good for at least 125 BHP maybe a bit more. I would definantly get it lowered mate, if it looks mean enough people will just assume its fast lol. I`ve had focus ST and astra Vxr pull up next to me and think twice about racing just by looking at the car hehe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast