Thread: Please Help, having DPF nightmares....

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Please Help, having DPF nightmares....

HI, I have a Zaf B 1.9 CDTi and have been having problems with what we believe is the DPF.

Can runs ok with exhaust disconnected some as you reconnect it the engine dies and bearly ticks over.

Had a very trustworthy mechanic friend fit a new DPF from Cat & Pipes and a new Back Box yesterday. He did all the programming stuff you have to do including a forced Regen andeverything seemed ok, until later in the day.

Engine light came on, car running flat, not really reving very well, in and out of limp mode. Checked the fault code using Pedal Test, P2279 - Air Intake Leak.

Drove a bit more, car has now died completely again same as is did with old DPF on.

RAC man read the codes today and it's showing 104% saturation on the new DPF. Dropped exhaust at front and car runs fine, except noisy and very smokey.

How can a brand new aftermanrket DPF reach saturation point within 50 miles?

Can another faulty component on the engine cause this to happen?

Any help is greatly appreciated as now into week 4 of no car and I'm £500 worse off..........

Cheers

Bezza

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you need the saturation resetting in the ecu, the ecu hasnt been told its got a new dpf

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure that he reset everything that needed to be reset, and I remember seeing the option, "New DPF" on the screen and him telling the car it had a new one.

It just seems to have blocked again within 50 miles, why would that happen, together with an Air Intake Leak fault code?