Thread: Swirl Flaps - Can I prolong them?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Swirl Flaps - Can I prolong them?

Hi

Spent the day trying to sort a few issues with my Astra today and whilst I was at it did a swirl flap check.

From reving the engine they move freely but are slightly juddery when moving back to their original position.

What's the best way to prolong the life of these (already cleaned the EGR and solenoid) as I've only recently shelled out for a new gearbox and dmf.

Thanks

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbeybouchet View Post
    Hi

Spent the day trying to sort a few issues with my Astra today and whilst I was at it did a swirl flap check.

From reving the engine they move freely but are slightly juddery when moving back to their original position.

What's the best way to prolong the life of these (already cleaned the EGR and solenoid) as I've only recently shelled out for a new gearbox and dmf.

Thanks
    Unfortunately there is no real way of prolonging the life of the earlier inlet manifolds, You can prolong the life of the swirl bar by reconnecting it using various methods but the main issue with the original swirl flaps is there design ... Because they are fitted directly into the manifold casting & not sleeved (Like the new one's) To do any sort of remedial task on them , you would have to really remove the manifold .... If your going to do this , you might aswell replace it with a new one ...

Dean

Status
    Supporting Trader
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    deactivating the EGR would help.