Thread: ***** sake now what!!?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

***** sake now what!!?

2 days ago i came on here asking for a bit of help diagnosing the engine cutting out on my car as if it had stalled and struggling to keep it on, the cutting out was infrequent initially and then got worse and worse till on friday i had to rev hell out of it to keep it on.

RIGHT well just picked up the car from the garage, turns out the cam sensor needed to be changed, the throttle body was cleaned out aswell, so now the car isnt cutting out any more HOWEVER just got home and pulled up in the driveway and the exhuast/engine sounds like its chugging/ whirring a bit.. only when idle though and it sounds alot like its mis-firing..

What can cause it and is it an easy fix??

At the moment im so pis*ed off with the car cos it seems to be 1 thing after the other..
    1.8 Blacked out "Dean Bad Mobile" Astra

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Add jbaggaley on Facebook
    sounds egr to me

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    egr?..........
    1.8 Blacked out "Dean Bad Mobile" Astra

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Take it back and tell them it isnt right, make sure they know who is boss and who pays their wage, and make them sort it. start the car so they can hear it, open the bonnet for a better listen, make sure that they know your serious. then you will get a response.

body language makes an impact too, this sounds so stupid, but wave your arms more, use gestures, make them back into a corner and feel intimidated so they do what you say, rather than the oppisite!

Dont get nasty, have a laugh with them and make light of the situation. this approach works very well if done right

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ^^ lol if you did that at my garage i would tell you where to go!

they've replaced a sensor that obviously needed replaceing and has highlighted a new fault. so how is it their fault!?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mancmark View Post
    ^^ lol if you did that at my garage i would tell you where to go!

they've replaced a sensor that obviously needed replaceing and has highlighted a new fault. so how is it their fault!?
    agreed!

its always the case unfortunatley that one resolved problem shows up another one. Its what owning a car is all about!
    Op-Com (Derby), Can travel at extra cost, PM me for details or click HERE

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Take it back, It might be that the new sensor has brought out a new fault, but tbh the garage should be more than happy to look at it for you anyway since it's possible they may get more custom, it's good way to get a free check on what the problem may be, just state that it seems to have started since you got the sensor and thorttle body done and they'll probs check it out for you.
    Active - Ultra Blue 1.8 SRI 53' 3 Dr,
    Retired - Black 1.6 SXi 03' 3 Dr, Silver 1.4LS

Status
    South Central RO
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Brown View Post
    Take it back and tell them it isnt right, make sure they know who is boss and who pays their wage, and make them sort it. start the car so they can hear it, open the bonnet for a better listen, make sure that they know your serious. then you will get a response.

body language makes an impact too, this sounds so stupid, but wave your arms more, use gestures, make them back into a corner and feel intimidated so they do what you say, rather than the oppisite!

Dont get nasty, have a laugh with them and make light of the situation. this approach works very well if done right
    being someone that works in a garage that sort of attitude really p***es me off. it could be something thats completely unrelated and if you go marching back in there demanding they put something right then it makes you look like the idiot. do your research first before going in there all guns blazing. if you wanna get their backs up straight away then by all means follow andy's advice, but its not the best way of going about things!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadfall View Post
    being someone that works in a garage that sort of attitude really p***es me off. it could be something thats completely unrelated and if you go marching back in there demanding they put something right then it makes you look like the idiot. do your research first before going in there all guns blazing. if you wanna get their backs up straight away then by all means follow andy's advice, but its not the best way of going about things!

I never said go guns blazing, did i? if so, please quote where.

I said dont go in being nasty. but im afraid round here, garages see people coming and try anything, Why should i spend money for another issue to throw itself up? conveniently when its been to a garage.

Tell me where to go, i dont care, hundreds of mechanics about.

its not a case of trying to get peoples backs u, its a case of making sure they know you wont tolerate having issues when money has been spent already.

Status
    Moderator Friend
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    ANYWAYS back to helping the guy out

it could possibly be the egr fella, can you get the power down or does it feel really slugish? afm could also be playing up, have you tried getting the faultcodes up via the peddle test? (am guessing yours is the z series engine?)
    MK5 1.7 CDTI OWNER AND AN ESTABLISHED MEMBER OF THE DARK SIDE!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast