Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

1.7 dti astra van

hello ( newbie here )

i have just bought a 52 plate astra van 1.7 dti 16v sportive, there is a slight problem with the engine as it blows pressure back in the expansion bottle, also the crankshaft sensor has gone and there is a major oil leak from the cooler way.

after more reaserch there has been a lot of these problems with a local garage, they tell me that after having the head pressure tested the seals round the valves go porous and they cannot be removed. ( do not know how true this is)
    anyway after looking for a cylinder head they are around £200 second hand, so my thought would be how easy would a 2.0 dti engine fit in i.e would it be the same gearbox thus same shafts or would there be more modifying needed. also would the mountings be the same and the loom, so in theory the 2.0 lump would just pop in?

any thoughts

thank you

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    anyone?

bump

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i had this issue with the pressure in the expansion tank (and generally in the water system) my resolution was to drill a small hole in the expansion cap and take out the thermostat, no way i'm laying out the money for headgaskets or anything as mine is only a cheap run about so i guess it's either replace the head gasket (maybe the head? never heard of them going porous) or do the above

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    not sure on the mounting or the loom in the 2.0 dti but you will need different drive shafts gearbox ecu and possibly hubs as the 2.0dti is 5stud but shouldn't be to hard other than that