Thread: The Coupe is officially going.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Coupe is officially going.

Well i have been umming and arrrrring for ages about getting rid of the Coupe Turbo as im fed up of paying through the nose for insurance, tax and fuel etc. Today i bit the bullet and went to my local vauxhall dealership to see what they had available.

I wanted something that looked a little sporty but still cheap to run and i found this.

Its a 07 Corsa SXI 1.4 16V in black sapphire with the optional 17's and 32k on clock.

By the way this isn't the actual car as i can't find it on the website but its the same as this one.

Obviously its a massive step down in power but im looking forward to not getting bent over anymore at the pumps etc.

I know it wont be to everyones taste but it fits the bill for cheaper running costs and thats what i was after.

If anyone has had any experiences with these and could give me any info on them that'd be great. I don't even know model number etc

I do have plans for it but nothing major, probably just lowering and alloys and maybe a backbox.
    For free hugs PM me.

For sex, pm cabriomatt.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    lol, its a corsa D

and you will look a proper hair dresser in it

how much did they give you for the coupe?

looks nice, but not to my cup of tea, they dont feel well built IMO and itl be pretty slow but the main thing is it fits your bills mate

get a vxr kit on it

excellent choice of colour too lol
    G t c

soon!

Status
    The Sticker Queen
    Mentioned in
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I have to admit I'm a little surprised. I thought you might go for something sporty but diesel. I hope you're happy with it and find it quick enough after the turbo.
    MINXY BUTLER-HENDERSON

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    lol, its a corsa D

and you will look a proper hair dresser in it

how much did they give you for the coupe?

looks nice, but not to my cup of tea, they dont feel well built IMO and itl be pretty slow but the main thing is it fits your bills mate

get a vxr kit on it

excellent choice of colour too lol
    With my hair styled like it is now i look like a hairdresser in any car! lol

They gave me 2k for the coupe. Which is bang on what i was expecting. Could of sold it privately for a fair whack more but with deals falling through left right and centre this was the least hassle for me.

The coupe fitted my bills aswell but like ive said, just got fed up of everything being so expensive with the coupe. Im saving £600 just on insurance with this car and 1 yrs tax on this was less than 6 months for the coupe.

Im going to go down the stealth black look with it as ive allways loved blacked out cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Minxy View Post
    I have to admit I'm a little surprised. I thought you might go for something sporty but diesel. I hope you're happy with it and find it quick enough after the turbo.
    It'll be quick enough, it can go 70mph and thats as fast as we are allowed to go.
    For free hugs PM me.

For sex, pm cabriomatt.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Shame you're being forced out rather than deciding to leave. Seem to see more & more turbo owners leaving (not necessarily the forum, but the Z20 ownership) lately.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev_83 View Post
    Shame you're being forced out rather than deciding to leave. Seem to see more & more turbo owners leaving (not necessarily the forum, but the Z20 ownership) lately.
    It is a shame, but we all reach a point where we realise money is better spent elsewhere and not on fuel, insurance and tax etc. With all of those 3 increasing this year i just got fed up with it, i guess like many people have.

Not that i see this as a step back. Im looking forward to modding the corsa,

I will still be on here aswell.
    For free hugs PM me.

For sex, pm cabriomatt.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I know what you mean. I don't know what my 1.8 will cost me in tax this year but last year it was £235.
    I'm about £50 every 3 week on fuel
    Insurance was £590.

I occasionally think of downsizing to a little car, but then i get in the gf's 1.2 Corsa & while it's not the slowest thing on the road, i would hate to have something so slow as a daily drive. Once you have a bit of go (not saying the 1.8 is special, but certainly more than the 1.2 Corsa) it's difficult to give it up.

At the same time, i'd love to say sod it & enjoy the Z20, i really would, and tell myself you only live once & all those cliches yadayadayada, but i'm to be saving for a house & need to keep my eyes on the prize.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Your right though, you do only live once, i wouldn't swap my time with the coupe, but it was the right time to move on and be sensible.

Defineately think everyone should have some turbo power in their lives at some point. lol.
    For free hugs PM me.

For sex, pm cabriomatt.

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iansimms2004 View Post
    If anyone has had any experiences with these and could give me any info on them that'd be great. I don't even know model number etc
    I had a 1.4 for a hire car for a week. Took a couple of days to get used to the massive lacking of power, but TBH after that it was quite fun to drive. Dunno what model the hire car was, but was decent spec for a Corsa, cruise control, bluetooth radio etc.

Mine will be going in a couple of months. Not sure where yet, either sold, broken or storage until a decision is made lol.

"Defineately think everyone should have some turbo power in their lives at some point. lol. "
    ^^^^^^
    So true!!!

Status
    SRi Turbo :)
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    maybe i'm at that stage in life as of above. But i fully intend on keeping my sri-t untill she dies. I don't see why i should suffer at the hands of the feckers trying to squeeze every last penny out of me!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast