Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry Ebay morons......AGAIN!!!!!

how is it i always seem to buy stuff from morons on Ebay

i bought an item yesterday (for a bargain price),when i went to pay i noticed the p&p had gone up by £5 from when it was previously listed.

i messaged the seller about the p&p hike and got this response;

"the postage has gone up becasue people kept bidding on it and letting me down.its to cover the fees to relist for the 3rd time due to timewasters sorry".

WTF!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    report him to eBAY see what they have to say OR buy it and when you give the feedback give him no stars for the postage and leave a neutral comment saying the item came etc but postage was grossly over priced as seller informed me.
    [SXi Black And Red] SOLD
    [5DR XP SXI] SOLD
    2.0 CDTi Technical Grey GTC

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Problem is you agree to the P&P charges when you bid. I had a similar instance once.

Sold an old Dutch football shirt for around £3-4. Postage was £2.50 first class. Guy bid and won it. I then get an email the next day saying he wasn't desperate for the top and i SHOULD send it 2nd class postage. Also he asked did i think it was "fair" that he had to pay £2.50 when 2nd class was a cheaper option.

Ignorant ****. i sent him a friendly message saying i never send anything 2nd class due to past issues with royal mail. He never did leave feedback. I was only polite in case he left negative.

Cheeky ****
    GSi....boosting a' ower yer honda CTR, Vtec this!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i only paid £1.20 for the item,
    but like i said to the seller,"why should i be picking up the tab for the previous non-buyers.if a person does not complete the transaction,then a final value fee is refunded".
    it's all down to principles,so we shall see how quickly it arrives

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As above, you gotta look more closely at what youre biddin on, the seller hasnt done anythin wrong... Just because his last auction had no postage doesnt mean he has to do the same this time...

I've accidentally bid myself in the past without noticing the postage charge, just gotta suck it up n move on I'm afraid...
    N.b. any opinitons expressed above should be ignored and considered 'ramblings', under no circumstances should they be relied upon...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If he doesnt use tracking, just claim it never arrived.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EazyDuz View Post
    If he doesnt use tracking, just claim it never arrived.
    Exactly why I always send everything via tracked post, even if I end up taking a loss on the sale, because there are THEIFS out there who will do exactly what you suggest.

No different to the scrotes who rip off our wing mirrors and bumpers if you do that IMO.
    N.b. any opinitons expressed above should be ignored and considered 'ramblings', under no circumstances should they be relied upon...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by graeme647 View Post
    Exactly why I always send everything via tracked post, even if I end up taking a loss on the sale, because there are THEIFS out there who will do exactly what you suggest.

No different to the scrotes who rip off our wing mirrors and bumpers if you do that IMO.

for the £20 postage paid,there is plenty enough money to send it next day courier.
    it would only cost me about £12 in petrol to go and collect it,but guess what,no collections,even though there was when previously listed!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by graeme647 View Post

I was joking... but i think the OP is entitled to leave negative feedback for picking up the tab. Postage cost should just cover whatever is used to send the item (jiffy bag) and the actual post office fee to send it.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you bid and he increased the postage afterwards then you should be able to back down, but if you didn't check the price before bidding then you can't blame them.

E-Bay do have a "fair postage price" policy, but that's to protect thier fees!
    Tell me what you've done, not what you're going to!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast