Thread: rear disc conversion 4 stud 1.6 mk4

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

rear disc conversion 4 stud 1.6 mk4

Hi can anyone point me in the right direction for a 4 stud rear disc conversion kit to replace the drums on my astra 1.6, also what exactly will i need to do the conversion? as i am a bit of a beginner when it comes to this stuff obviously the disc, do i need to change brake lines, calipers etc, also whilst on the subject I am getting a set of 17's and want to lower it, but by how much? can i go 40mm alround? Im a new astra owner and would appreciate any advice

cheers folks

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Moved to new thread.

You need someone selling the full kit off their car, a little rare now, but all you need is the calipers/carriers and then discs and pads if memory serves, as the hubs/bearings are the same for disc or drum. Expect to pay £75-£100 for these bits plus a new handbrake cable ~£25 or so.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nry View Post
    Moved to new thread.

You need someone selling the full kit off their car, a little rare now, but all you need is the calipers/carriers and then discs and pads if memory serves, as the hubs/bearings are the same for disc or drum. Expect to pay £75-£100 for these bits plus a new handbrake cable ~£25 or so.

Thanks, I guess the hunt is on!