Thread: urgent help with wiring problem! please !!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

urgent help with wiring problem! please !!

i have a mk4 astra sport 1.6 16v on a s plate. i bought this car last week and on driving it home the speedo , rev gauge, interior light, petrol gauge and temperature and millage was not working , after cleaning the car for a while i found a little glove box sort of thing under ther steering wheel near the bonnet release and inside of it was a switch that someone has wired up , whilst i had the car running i flicked the switch and everything that wasnt workin started to work , once i switch the switch back off it all stops again, is there anyone out there who knows wy this might of been done, any help is much appreciated thanks

Status
    South Central RO
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    all of that stuff is controlled by fuse 22 (i think). it went recently on my car a couple of times, also controls front fogs, heater control lights. could be possible if the fuse kept blowing that someone has bypassed the fuse. have you had a look at the fuse board? if they have bypassed it you will need to sort it asap. i kept blowing mine cos i had the hazard warning light wiring trapped when i was putting a new stereo in. hope this helps