Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

interior lights playing up and i dont know how to diagnose the problem

hey everyone!

ok so i have a slight issue with the interior lights of my astra where the lights for the dash are suppose to come on when the headlights are switched on, right! well my speedo and all those backlit lights above the steering wheel come on always, just... sometimes all my lights on my radio panel as in the heater control knobs and a/c backlit lights dont come on after starting up my car! although this can be over come by turning them my headlights off and on again... ALL THE TIME now except for the rare occasion half of the center console lights dont come on or atleast are very dull... as in to the right of the number three on the fan speed knob to the a/c button! so i dont know whats going on here like yea, has anyone else had this diagnosed or know what could be the issue here... and i have checked the dimming switch as to make sure its on maximum...

thanks heaps guys hope you can help

Status
    South Central RO
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    not worth replacing the bulbs in the heater panel? i had an intermittant bulb that worked when it felt like it, got round to replacing both bulbs (swapped for LEDs) and now works fine. there are 2 509T twist in bulbs, if it's going dull to the right hand side then that to me would point to dodgey bulbs

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    o ok i never thought it would be something like that... is there any how toos that you know of that could help me replace these?

thanks heaps hope to hear of more suggestions