Thread: occasional idle and start problem?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

occasional idle and start problem?

Hi i drive a 2ltr sri (non turbo) with x20xev engine (dont know if thats relevant)

basicly recently i have been having occasional problems with idle and starting it happens very rarely im just worried it will become more regular. my mate recently had basicly the same problem occasionaly on idle the revs would drop close to stalling and you would have to sit at lights keeping revs up manually. however this isnt a consistant problem it only happens very rarely, my mate said he paid £20 for a quick throttle body clean up and hes since had no troubles??

i was wondering if anyone could help advise me what the problem would be and if this is common with mk4 astras like my mates and mine?? as recently today at the petrol station it would not start untill about 7th attempt.

if anyone could help it would be much appreciated the car runs beautifully once running no jerks all smooth and no missfires only very occasionally on idle its only done 58k :s any suggestions??

thank you
    sam

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    bump any suggestions. as an update its been getting more frequent and engine electronics light is up on the dash when it happens? car has been recently service new cambelt, oil and filters can anyone help?