Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Starting'problem' and more...

Hi Again All,

Got my 1998 astra diesel a few weeks back, and had an almost immediate starter failure. Starter replaced with a second hand one but now intermittently when i turn it over to start it will turn a few times then click and stop. I leave it until the glow plugs light goes out and it usually kicks into life second time round. Any ideas please? Should i get another starter 'in stock' for back up? Also, Occasionally when i start it it might whirr over for a minute or so before it starts, but this only rarely happens. And finally I reckon i am doing about 90-95 miles to £15 of diesel(it's about £1.30 a litre here) does this sound right? Its fahooking miles better than my 1.8 4 pot E36 3 Series I had before, but when i get to the 70 mile ish area, the fuel light intermittently comes on and off, and the needle floats between empty and quarter of a tank? Any ideas again pleasE?

As always, many thanks in advance, for all its not very fast I LOVE my clean, warm and comfortable astra!

Cheers!
    When a man lies he murders part of the world...

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Anybody please? NO answers to any of my recent posts am I doing something wrong please?
    When a man lies he murders part of the world...

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hard to try and diagnose imtermittent starting problems really.

I've found out yesterday that my 17Dti is not starting
    So I'm gonna start searching to try and find possible causes and what to do about it !

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    my astra vans fuel guage does the same try and keep it above a quater tank . possible damaged teeth on the part inside the engine to which the starter motor engages and its costly to fix .