Thread: problem with my x18xe

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

problem with my x18xe

ive got a thread open already about a whining noise coming from the cambelt area ive recently had a new head gasket kit fitted and head skimmed but now ive got a little rattle only happens at about 3k revs in 1st and 2nd gear as for the whining its not the aux belt cos i took that off and the noise was still there car sounds like its got a misfire too but only when ya driving not on idle starting to piss me off this car now only had it about 3 month another thing if i check the timing will the tensioner pointer be at the cut out with the head having been skimmed they wasnt much took off the head just a little bit as it was leaking it had compression test and it was alright any thoughts would be much appreciated otherwise the f*****s getting weighed in lol ive had more trouble with this car then any other i've owned sorry its a x18xe1

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    when my astra had a rattle it was the water pump car broke down when i was doing 70+ on motorway total rebuild on the head

i would check water pump

also check idle pulleys on the cam

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cut it out View Post
    when my astra had a rattle it was the water pump car broke down when i was doing 70+ on motorway total rebuild on the head

i would check water pump

also check idle pulleys on the cam
    better not be water pump its brand new if it was water pump wouldnt i hear it at tick over or when i rev the car it only happens when i'm driving