Thread: Mk4 Z22SE lumpy idle.....

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mk4 Z22SE lumpy idle.....

Right,probably gets asked alot on here but im going to ask again.

My Mk4 Astra Sri 2.2 16v has a lumpy idle when slightly warmed up.It ticks over at just over 600rpm but can feel it through the seat,and when the lights are on,can see them flickering.When driving it at lower revs,you can also feel it very faintly after starting the car from cold,but when its fully warmed up,its fine when driving,just not on idle.Dosnt cut out either.

Now ive done a search on here which came back with EGR and CTS being the main suspects.Now,my brother has a perfect running 2.2 so tried his EGR,but was still the same.I also tried his CTS,but again,still the same.I then snapped the CTS in the housing so had to go get a new 1 anyway,but still the same so can deffo rule that out.

What would be the next thing to try??As said i have access to a perfect running 2.2 so can try other things(within reason) to rule them out and try find the problem.

Its not annoying me and dosnt affect the over-all drive of the car,but i would still like to get to the bottom of it.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Right been out at the car trying to do the pedal test,but nothing happened.Could this be because the EML hasn't came on when driving the car??Its a 2001 on a Y plate.

Also when i started it from cold,the revs sat up at 1200rpm(normal when cold)but it sounded like it had a missfire possibly.Heard it through the exhaust.