AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Help please with electrics/stero

Hi
    I am having a few probs with my astra.
    Last night i came home turned the car off and the stero controls on sterring wheel and stero and screen in middle of dash was light up but no display there was no music coming out tryed turning on and off but still no sound or display. didn't think to much about it as wanted to get in.

Went to car today to go out and the battery was flat. bump started it and took it for good run.

Car seems to start ok now but stero is not working at all. it just says safe. The electric windows now wont go down on there own once button is pressed like they use to. Now have to hold button down all the time to get windows open.

Does anyone know what is causeing these problems and what i can do about it.

Any help would be great.
    Thanks

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi it's because the stereo was still turnt on when you left the car ultimately flattening the battery! The stereo is saying safe mode because the battery is dead so you will have to find your radio code which should be on a card in the manual. As for the windows not quite sure but I'm sure someone will be along shortly to help.

P.s. My stereo sometimes does this and I have to switch car on and off and that sorts it

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by irmscher mk4 View Post
    Hi it's because the stereo was still turnt on when you left the car ultimately flattening the battery! The stereo is saying safe mode because the battery is dead so you will have to find your radio code which should be on a card in the manual. As for the windows not quite sure but I'm sure someone will be along shortly to help.

P.s. My stereo sometimes does this and I have to switch car on and off and that sorts it
    Ok. we did try turning on and off but may not of left it long enough. Will see if i can find the code and have a go at trying to get the stereo to turn on again.
    Thanks.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The Windows have lost there memory because the battery was flat, don't worry they will come back on there own eventually, in the mean time you will just have to keep your finger on the button!!
    2003 Convertible Turbo, Vectra c in take pipe, airbox mod, K&N filter,irredium plugs, Bailey Dump Valve with power pipe, Full Miltek Exhaust system, CS1. 240bhp 260 lb/ft

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_Cabrio View Post
    The Windows have lost there memory because the battery was flat, don't worry they will come back on there own eventually, in the mean time you will just have to keep your finger on the button!!
    Thank you for that. I never knew windows had memory.

Well thank you for all the info it great.

Hopefully it will all be ok now.

Will try the stereo code when found it.

Fingers crossed.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Easy way to fix windows is wind them down all the way and keep finger on button until you hear a click kind of noise, then do the same at the top

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jiberson View Post
    Easy way to fix windows is wind them down all the way and keep finger on button until you hear a click kind of noise, then do the same at the top
    Great thanks will try it.