Thread: knocking noise from from front

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

knocking noise from from front

Think my coupe has eaten another set of drop links, how can i properly diagnose that these are gone, also how easy are they to change, last time they went a garage did them for me but cant really afford it now, also what are the best ones to get the last ones i got were a set of metal ones from ebay and was not sure of the quality, but i have heard that these car go through them quite quick, i have had the car lowered on eibach springs only thanks
    Astra Coupe Turbo
    Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Astra 1.9 cdti xpack
    Mentioned in
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zhabba View Post
    Think my coupe has eaten another set of drop links, how can i properly diagnose that these are gone, also how easy are they to change, last time they went a garage did them for me but cant really afford it now, also what are the best ones to get the last ones i got were a set of metal ones from ebay and was not sure of the quality, but i have heard that these car go through them quite quick, i have had the car lowered on eibach springs only thanks
    Just changed mine on thursday these crap roads near my end are destroying them You can do them yourself just have a pri bar and a socket set with a spanner. if they are solid just cut them off. Undo the nuts then prise the antiroll bar down a little with the bar to pull the drop link out.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    nive one cheers i just hope the noise i am getting is the drop links and nothing else, anyone know the torque settings for these also any hints and tips thanks again guys
    Astra Coupe Turbo
    Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.