Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: De-badge

  
  1. #1
    Status
    Offline
    Dwilo's Avatar
    AOC Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    39
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    De-badge

    Looking to de-badge my astra mk5, any one no if there is any holes tht will need filling behind the badge

  2. #2
    Status
    Offline
    JoeD's Avatar
    AOC Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No holes on the mk5 mate

  3. #3
    Status
    Offline
    T88MBO's Avatar
    AOC Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    99
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hot water and something blunt to scrape away and your sorted . . No holes atall!
    18" Gloss Black Pentas for sale with tyres PM ME! ![/COLOR]

  4. #4
    Status
    Offline
    Willeh's Avatar
    AOC Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    410
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hairdryer! But watch cos the badge itself gets hothot! I burnt my fingers

  5. #5
    Status
    Offline
    DeanF's Avatar
    AOC Fanatic
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    554
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Willeh View Post
    Hairdryer! But watch cos the badge itself gets hothot! I burnt my fingers

    Plus Tooth Floss

    Use a long length, Wrap around both Hands & then slide / Slice down the back of the Badges, Saves you burning your Fingers & works a treat

    Dean

  6. #6
    Status
    Offline
    Willeh's Avatar
    AOC Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    410
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanF View Post
    Plus Tooth Floss

    Use a long length, Wrap around both Hands & then slide / Slice down the back of the Badges, Saves you burning your Fingers & works a treat

    Dean
    I may have to use this when i take my rear badge off to paint black

    Should i use minted or regular?!?!?

  7. #7
    Status
    Offline
    DeanF's Avatar
    AOC Fanatic
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    554
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Willeh View Post
    I may have to use this when i take my rear badge off to paint black

    Should i use minted or regular?!?!?
    Your Choice ALthough Minted will probably smell good as it heats up

    Dean

  8. #8
    Status
    Offline
    MarkG's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Cambridgeshire
    Posts
    10,676
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanF View Post
    Your Choice ALthough Minted will probably smell good as it heats up

    Dean
    I can imagine it would smell pretty disgusting when hot!

    As above, hairdryer/hot water what ever your weapon of choice is, and plenty of patience once the badge is off to get all the left over glue off. Remember, when taking excess glue off car, if you use a hairdryer, the bootlid will get very hot!
    Astra sold ... replaced with a Skoda ... soon to be replaced with another Vauxhall

  9. #9
    Status
    Offline
    Dwilo's Avatar
    AOC Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    39
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Thumbs Up

    Think i got lucky it peeled of no problem and left next to no glue so a quick squirt with autoglym tar remover got rid of what was left

  10. #10
    Status
    Offline
    DeanF's Avatar
    AOC Fanatic
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    554
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwilo View Post
    Think i got lucky it peeled of no problem and left next to no glue so a quick squirt with autoglym tar remover got rid of what was left
    Nice one .... Normally as you say, They leave quite a bit of glue & foam behind, Requiring lots of patience ...

    Dean

Similar Threads

  1. Looking to buy: OPC Grill, Opel Badge and OPC Badge..
    By aoc-van in forum Astra Discussion & Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 16-12-2011, 21:29
  2. VXR Badge & CDTi Badge
    By enbracefan in forum Zafira Discussion & Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-08-2010, 00:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •