Thread: Intermitant Turbo Boost

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Intermitant Turbo Boost

Right, next problem on the astra (the new fuel filter didn't sort it)

Its a 57plate 1.9cdti remapped to 212BHP, very recently I had the gearbox, clutch and DMF replaced. The car has done 35k.

Its 500 miles since the car has been back on the road and I'm reluctant to give it full beans yet. I've noticed that from 2300 revs onward the usual turbo sucking in sound is intermittant (very fast intermittant). The acceleration has never been clean since having it but I put this down to the remap and thought the little fuel pump was struggling to get fuel through fast enough. However, the Turbo whistle has always been constant regardless of acceleration issues until now??

Any ideas appreciated

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    first thought is do you have any other mods? as 212bhp for a remap is very high?

has it been on a rr at thator was that just the quoted figure

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    are you getting any fault codes??

my car was over boosting and going in limp mode

i just had to order a wastgate solenoid! they are not a stock item in the uk and had to get it from pierburg germany!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    "first thought is do you have any other mods? as 212bhp for a remap is very high?"
    It is just the quoted figure, so can't be 100% sure. I have no other mods

EC04005a is coming up although not sure if thats connected to the starting problems I was having after I changed the Diesel Filter yesterday.

My mate said any old codes that come wont clear from the ECU log unless its reset with a diagnostics tool, although he's only going off what a mechanic told him about his own car.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    P0400 - EGR fault

blank it off and you should be sorted *you may need it remapped to delete the EGR values tho*

why not remove the EGR valve and give it a good clean - it should be your first port of call and IMO something you should o at least once a year on this engine

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks.

I'll try cleaning it next weekend. I've noticed that performance has significantly dropped.

By blanking it, does that not cause the same effect as having a blocked egr (build up of gasses?)

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    its not the build up of gases that causes the problem once the pipe leading up tot he egr is full no more goes up it the main problem is when it sticks open it rams loads of horrible warm kruddy gases down the inlet instead of nice clean cooled air from the intercooler

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well I've taken the egr off and the valve was very cruddy and wasn't moving freely at all. I've cleaned it up and stripped and cleaned the solenoid as well but I'm seeing no improvement.

My turbo is boosting constant from 2000 to 3200 revs but after 3200 revs the turbo is still boosting intermitently. God this is annoying me now.

I'm wondering if one of the turbo breather hoses has become dislodged when the gearbox was being fitted???