Thread: advise needed.. crashed =[

Status
    BUYER BEWARE - WE ADVISE CASH ON COLLECTION ONLY
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

advise needed.. crashed =[

right me and my mate was going up a road and a instructor in a bsm fiat 500 pull out infront of him..
    that was the first part of the line of events
    then all 3 of us
    instructor
    my mate
    then me
    went into another road my mate flashed him the insturctor pulled over my mate went to go past and as he did the instructor pulls out infront of him

mean while im goin at about 10-20mph a few yards behind as i just pulled into the road when the instructor pulls over followed by mate attempting to go past i slightly brake to adjust to there speed my mate goes to pull away to get past him i then accelerate few seconds after to follow suit and go past
    then the instructor floors it infront of my mate he slams the brakes on i attempt to stop my car locks up and i slide into my mates rear bumper.. am i right in thinking that the instructor is at fault for cutting my mate up or am i going to have to foot the bill for a vectra c sri bumper and a new bumper for my mk4 sri
    MK4 Astra SRi B204
    Build thread
    Comment thread

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If I understand correctly:

Your mate over takes instructor, instructor then pulls out in front, and this poiny you are couple yards behing your mate.
    Your mate then acclerates to overtake instructor that has pull over, and you are following behind, overtaking.
    Instructor, after pulling over for being flashed, re-joins the road and accelerates hard, cutting up your mate.
    Your mate, for being cut up (by instructor) slams his brakes on, you follow suit but reactions are not quick enough and you hit your friend.

In theory the instructor be one to blame for accident, as he pulled in front of a vehicle, causing a vehicle to brake sharply. Did you get any details of the instructor vehicle, reg?

But what speeds were you doing when overtaking? residential/speed area
    How close were you behind your mate? this would obviously affect your reaction & braking distance.
    Disclaimer - some of the above text may actually be sarcasm (believe it or not!)

Astra 02, SRi 1.8i - Irmscher'd up (a bit) with Zebra front bumper

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Why did he flash the BSM car?

Technically, if you go in the back of somebody, it is your fault, end of.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nry View Post
    Why did he flash the BSM car?

Technically, if you go in the back of somebody, it is your fault, end of.
    +1

If you and your mate were like 90% of road users and just waited behind the instructor you wouldn't be in this position.

Status
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    right the instructor was on his own and was actually driving like a idiot from what i could see
    i was doin about 10-20mph and was a few yard behind my mate but i was already in motion when the instructor pulled over and then i went again when my mate did at the same speed i was going
    the instructor pulled over out of the flow of traffic were over cars had parked up.. this is why my mate went to pull away again and so did i.. you dont sit there waiting for or expect some one thats just pulled over to pull out infront of you again as he even indicated to pull over..

i found were the bloke lives as he sped off like 2 seconds after i hit the back end of my mate and got his number plate and also rung bsm to find out but by the time we found the car again the office had closed so couldnt give in his details..

if need be me and my mate will sort the bumpers out between us but in our eyes if he wouldnt have pulled over and the shot out again infront of my mate so closely i wouldnt of hit him

i was a good cars length away from my mate but were it happened so fast i didnt have time to stop as my car locked up and just slid were it was wet and slippery
    MK4 Astra SRi B204
    Build thread
    Comment thread

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Still your fault, you should legally leave more space between cars if the conditions are poor. 2 second gap in good conditions, 3-4 seconds or more in wet/icy weather.

Status
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well in my eyes it really wasnt my fault as if he dnt pull out like he did none of it would of happened
    think we are going to see what happens with bsm then sort it out from there really as we both arnt claiming off our insurance as we pay enough as it is
    MK4 Astra SRi B204
    Build thread
    Comment thread

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Not being off, simply stating that, in the eyes of the law, if you go into the back of someone it is seen as your fault. Driving without due care and attention in essence.

Status
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well i was fully aware of what was going on as i saw it all happen infront of me i just couldnt react quick enough to stop the car
    the bloke in the learner car was driving dangerously and with out due care and attention so if needs be il take him and bsm to court for it

im asking for advise and if thats how you make it out then thats that really but im trying to get a point of view from others on how it looks from them good or bad

one of those put yourself in the situation moments
    MK4 Astra SRi B204
    Build thread
    Comment thread

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    You're missing my point though, you couldn't stop quick enough because you were too close to the car in front.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast