Thread: Rare problem with easytronic gearbox

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Rare problem with easytronic gearbox

Please if anyone can help. I have an Astara 1,600 easytronic gearbox. I love it. But, last year I had to replace the gearbox computer. As a result I have a problem that takes place once every two monthes for 10 to 15 seconds only- the gearbox all of a sudden turns to neutral with an indication of 00 on the panel. After 15 seconds the gear is back. The official garage doesn't have a clue but refuses to replace the computer since the problem can't be seen!!! Anyone can help guiding where the problem could be?
    Thanks for your help

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Lots of owners have this problem, me too. Vauxhall claim to know nothing about it. They should get out more and speak to customers.
    Servicing of cars at all levels is always about what expensive lump to replace rather than fault finding.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry my reply wont be much help - but I bought a second hand Easytronic Astra with 13,500 on the clock in 2008. Within 10 minutes of driving it away from the garage the transmission died and I was stuck on a busy roundabout for 10-15 seconds. I had it checked over and after it did the same thing 3 more times I cut my losses. Vauxhall dont have a clue and you probably wont find much information on the web about it either. It's just a badly designed manual gearbox with an automatic clutch actuator.