Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Changed maf, still :'(

Right guys, hope you can help me

I had a problem with bad idling, running like shite, and cutting out, got told it was the maf, so ive changed that, but when i start the car it runs even worse than before, really lumpy like the coilpack has blown up, but when i unplug the maf, the car runs perfect, its throwing a p1106 code, map sensor im sure that is, but it wasnt showing this before.

I cant get my head around why its running worse with a brand new maf, but runs fine when i unplug it, ive disconnected the battery to try and reset the ecu, but im not holding my breath

Any idea's, cheers

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    P1106 Dual Alternator Lower Fault / Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor Circuit Intermittent High Voltage

check the injector rail, mine popeed out the other day, run really lumpy and missing bad, put it back on tidy, and now working fine

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Now that sounds bad, what does it mean lol?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have u put the maf round the correct way? Arrow points to the turbo

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yup, defo on the right way, the car will not tick over at all, but if i unlug it, the car runs fine :s

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Make sure the plug terminals are clean & the wires going to the plug are not loose or damaged.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ive checked the wires on the maf, and thought id check them with an electrical tester,

There are 4 wires, brown - blue & white - red & white - red

I checked the red and white, and there is a prominent positive there on tick over, but the red wire only has a dim light, i checked the map sensor and thats the same

So i had an idea, i put a wire from the pos on the battery to the red wire on the maf sensor, and the car ticked over lovely, revving up was still a bit ropey but 100% better than what it was :s

Any one have an idea's on this, also ive checked the coil pack and the plugs, the plugs were black and in one of the cylinders the plug was loose, but this has been sorted now.

Any help appreciated, cheers

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Astra 1.9 cdti xpack
    Mentioned in
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boost_lover View Post
    Ive checked the wires on the maf, and thought id check them with an electrical tester,

There are 4 wires, brown - blue & white - red & white - red

I checked the red and white, and there is a prominent positive there on tick over, but the red wire only has a dim light, i checked the map sensor and thats the same

So i had an idea, i put a wire from the pos on the battery to the red wire on the maf sensor, and the car ticked over lovely, revving up was still a bit ropey but 100% better than what it was :s

Any one have an idea's on this, also ive checked the coil pack and the plugs, the plugs were black and in one of the cylinders the plug was loose, but this has been sorted now.

Any help appreciated, cheers
    did you unplug the map sensor and see if there was any difference on the engine? any extra fault code when you tried this? if you got a wiring fault on them sensors check the coolant temp sensor aswell, if its the same you could have a fault on that earth wire under the intercooler pipe on the passager side. Vauxhall did a field remedy for this.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Where is the coolant temp sensor, and I will check the earth, just in case, its so frustrating lol, cheers anywayz buddy