Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rolling Road - How's it all work!?!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Rolling Road - How's it all work!?!

Ok, I know these are most probably a couple of stupid questions, but having never RR'd my motor i'm just curious.

1) Who jumps in and runs the pedals? If it's local staff then do they proper warm it first? Or will they just jump in on your appointment and rag it???

2) How good is the air ventilation etc? I hear now that they stick fans to the front bumper or someone to provide fresh air etc but how is that controlled in terms of temp? As surely it would make a difference to the results how cool/cold/hot the air is!?!?!?
    Great Minds Discuss Ideas; Average Minds Discuss Events; Small Minds Discuss People

http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/...e/jahadley.png

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just keep the engine running for 5-10mins before your run, or I tend to go for a quick drive beforehand if its a club day and I know the order number. Chances are it's going to be warmed up on the way there anyway! Staff do the pedals, and they don't 'rag' it as such, but it is a power run, so its foot to the floor!

Air ventilation is different wherever you go, Regal for example have 2 huge fans that come round in front of your bumper and directly blow air on to your car, where as other places (won't mention names) have one little fan which hardly provides enough cooling for a mobility scooter.

As for temperatures, it's just a fan so it blows air that is the current temp of the room.
    So if in doubt, pick a cold day to get your car dyno'd, the cold temps will work in your favour!

As for ventilation, I take it you mean exhaust gases, if it isn't performed in a building with an open fronted door, there is usually either a vent behind the exhaust to let gases out or a pipe they put on the exhaust which sucks the gases outside.

Hope its helped a bit!
    Coupe Turbo Evolution - 320ps

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Good info, Thanks Luke.

I ask because i'm planning Red.Dot soon, but will probably arrive silly early as I always do, bit anal like that so worried by time appointment comes it will have cooled etc and don't wanna strain engine or turbo anymore than is needed!?!

Also fans in general will move air quicker so tends to cool it, gotta be cooler than surrounding air surely? Otherwise you may just as well not have fans at all right? (Don't mean that rudely, just trying to understand!)
    Great Minds Discuss Ideas; Average Minds Discuss Events; Small Minds Discuss People

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coupe2T View Post
    Good info, Thanks Luke.

I ask because i'm planning Red.Dot soon, but will probably arrive silly early as I always do, bit anal like that so worried by time appointment comes it will have cooled etc and don't wanna strain engine or turbo anymore than is needed!?!

Also fans in general will move air quicker so tends to cool it, gotta be cooler than surrounding air surely? Otherwise you may just as well not have fans at all right? (Don't mean that rudely, just trying to understand!)
    Yeah your right they will cool it more than the surrounding temp, like a fan in your room would. but I thought you meant was there a specific temperature the fans produced.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Oh sorry, no, I just heard a lot of stories back in the day of people doing the RR days an it allegedly taking a lot of life out of the engine as they never used to bother at all with fans etc, so you basically caned the car without any cool air coming into the intercooler / air feed section and so on.

You been to or used Red.Dot? They got a decent set-up do you know???

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry couldn't tell you, i've only dealt with Regal, although i'm pretty sure all the big tuners would have very good cooling sytems, so not to worry

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Fair enough, Regal is closer to me than Red.Dot but I hear the Red.Dot maps are a lot more dynamic! I toyed with going Regal etc but it seems a little more expensive and what i've read not so well configured! (Although I know not to believe everything I read! lol)

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Best thing to do is do your own research, do some background investigations, work out what is best for you and what you can afford, make up your own mind and don't be persuaded by what people say on here. Everyones entitled to an opinion, but when it comes to tuner wars theres so much negativity flying round with who favours who, and who did what bla bla bla that its hard to work whats a good bet and what isn't.

If you want a generic flash map, head to Courtenay or Regal
    For a fine tuned specific map Red.Dot.

All have pro's and cons, just have to find what works best with your car.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah I by no means have top spec etc but just think that a specific map has to generally be better as it covers all your mods and also checks fueling leverls and air ratio etc in a live environment, so generally just think it would be better suited in general. Will see in time! lol

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Good luck and keep us posted

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast