Ok Guy's Thought i Would do a project log to where i am at this moment
in time with my VXR. Brief sentence.
I got rid of my Astra Gsi And Subaru Impreza to Fund the VXR
I bought her back in oct 2009 with 43,000 Mile's and with 2 owner's so am the 3rd owner of her.
She came to me completley standard and no mod's at all with all documentation with her I:E all recipt's for service's etc. as the 2 previous keeper's were in same family which was good to here!!
Well As i always do when i get new car was to take her for full service at perry's and a good overall.
once this was done it was time to start Modding .
Now am very impatient chap and like to get the car luking sumat towards what i want fairly quickly so i can just enjoy it as a want it lol..
I ordered Thing's In bulk Really when saved money
So first couple of thing's was cosmetic really
* Private Reg Fitted
* Pressed Plate's
* De-Badge Rear
* De-Wiper Rear
* Rocker Cover Sprayed Flame Red
* Tinted Sunstrip
Then was to Buy ---
* Courtney Sport Dap'r Lowering Spring's
* Courtney Sport Cdti Airbox Conversion
* Courtney Sport Panel Filter
* Courtney Sport High Flow Plenum
* Courtney Sport Large Boost Pipe with MAF Pipe
* Courtney Sport Breather Hose
* Pro-Sport Boost Gauge
At this Point i got the MAF pipe and Plenum Spayed Gloss Black
I then wanted a Turbo Back Exhaust System.
* Powerflow Turbo Back System 2 And 1/2 (Mate Work's There)
Had Dyno and pulled 250BHP 275LBS Torque so was fairly happy with that.
After Reading site's and forum's gathering Info i decided to ditch my 19" for --
* 18" Team Dynamic Pro-Race 1.2 Alloy's
* 18" khumo Low File's Tyre's
* Full Piano Black Interior
* SMD LED Conversion by Stampede RED
* Heko Wind Deflector's
* Painted my Caliper's gloss Black
* Fitted Ebc Pad's To Front
At this stage i thought i best make a move on the Red/Black Theme i wanted SO....
* Rear Diffuser - Gloss Black
* Rear Boot Strip - Gloss Black
* Front Grille - Gloss Black
* Indicator's - Gloss Black
* Vxr Indicator Decal - Gloss Black
So overall Very Pleased
I then heard Remus Alot so fell in love with the sound
* off with Powerflow on with Remus Turbo Back
At this point i Wanted More Power!
So booked in Courtney Sport For Stage 2
Prior to this i wanted to fully Prep The car!
so ... with me hittig 47000 Mile's
* Oil Filter
* Oil Change
Then On Way to courtney in search of more Ponnie's
Arrived there and had following..
* Iridium Plug's Fitted
* Stage 2 REMAP
* 282BHP 335Lbs Torque
the car felt immense!!!!!
After Around a month i wanted more part's
* White line Rear Anti Roll Bar
* Smooth Fog#s
This was a great mod and advice this on any VXR OR GSI
so with me upping the power and couple handling mods and 2 oil changes and now creeping to 50k i wanted to do more maintanence!
* Fitted Cambelt and water pump
* Oil Change
* Oil Filter
so this ment i had done nealy 8k and done all the above and had 3 oil changes and done cambelt and pump so i no my car is all above board and healthy!!
i loved the power and handling but wanted to get my power better and get the power down
so i had fitted
* Piper 3" Turbo Back System ( Best system so far and best sound )
* Quaife Limited Slip Diffiential (LSD) , Uprated Bearing's, New Gearbox Oil.
i was over the moon stage 2 with lsd, rarb, dap r spings was a dream!!!
i knew once i had fitted the piper it may be running leaner due to more free flowing!
so i booked in courtney to adjust my map ( perfectionist and want it right! )
Back To Courtney Sport but... milage hitting 54,000 Mile's i did following
* OIL Chnage
* Oil Filter
* Adjust map
* 289BHP 350LBS Torque
so this brings me upto date
Had the car 15 months and had all the above done and covered 12k
4 oil changes, cambelt and water pump, plugs, filter's etc
hope u like ..
pic's of how she is now......
Throughout my ownership the car gets cleaned at least once a week regardless of weather! as i will do it in my Garage!
*Autoglym Clay Bar Kit
*Autoglym Super Resin Polish
*AutoGlym High Deginiton Wax